• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lean Hogs Collapse . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lean Hogs Collapse . . . .

Tariff war continues to take a huge toll on commodity markets this week. Lean hogs have been decimated with more news of more tariffs. The U.S. now losing share of China's pork market is massive and a heavy hit.

December lean hogs have recently collapsed an incredible $17/cwt of-late . . . .

Is this a political induced reset of commodities?

What about other asset classes.

What's still inflating and whats deflating?

Who notices...
    Kraft Singles cheeses slices.went from packs of 24 and 48 to 22 and 44.

Comment

That drives me crazy, bacon is now almost always 375g instead of 500. Even pringles used to be 200 grams now 186. The big MiniWheats were 1.3 kg and are now 1.2 kgs . We should call a new bushel of wheat 56.5 lbs. Just because we can.
      Last edited by Grahamp; Aug 2, 2019, 17:04.

Comment

Smaller sizes don't bother me as much as meddling with the recipes. All the companies are going natural and screwing up their products. I posted before about Kraft Dinner but have also read about Quaker Oats Peaches and Cream flavor breakfast cereal and Butterfingers.

Comment

This is a good example of Trump throwing sand in a bearing, a real lost opportunity for North American hog farmers when you consider the death losses and greater demand in China for pork.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

What's still inflating and whats deflating?
            The cost of government and bureaucracy is still inflating, as is any product with the ability to pass those costs on.

Tha and Austranada 's ego and most people's waistlines. And that is about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
              Smaller sizes don't bother me as much as meddling with the recipes. All the companies are going natural and screwing up their products. I posted before about Kraft Dinner but have also read about Quaker Oats Peaches and Cream flavor breakfast cereal and Butterfingers.
              Smaller sizes at the same price or higher is inflation.

Comment

The ole "dead cat bounce" bit of green finally in grain

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Smaller sizes at the same price or higher is inflation.
                  When you figure out how to make it go the other way, across the board, let me know.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...