• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat drops $1.00 bushel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat drops $1.00 bushel

Wheat almost dropped $1.00 bushel today! Not quite but close good times ahead boys!

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    Wheat almost dropped $1.00 bushel today! Not quite but close good times ahead boys!
    It’s the Wheat Boards fault! I thought farming was going to be all wine and roses once the wheat board was gone?
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 1, 2019, 12:23.

Comment

One of two things, or many, they don't want it and the message is delivered in a pricing signal.
      They are getting ready to celebrate the annual harvest happy hour!

What a bit of industry reporting wouldn't reveal. We sit here in the dark ages of the new "open and transparent" market.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        It’s the Wheat Boards fault! I thought farming was going to be all wine and roses once the wheat board was gone?
        That really defines your level Chuck.
        Your not helping your new crusade any better than your last one.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Haha you are funny Chucky! You never had to worry about the price going down with the Wheat Board. It already would be a price that was rock bottom.

I for one really enjoy selling wheat on my own and wouldn't want it any other way.

Comment

I only see a few more pennies today???

Comment

Basis locked months ago. Hedging not quite but some.
              Could be a time soon for some calls.
              Where's this dollar today from?

Comment

Chucky farming is great. You could sell all your wheat at over 7 dollars before Christmas and have bins empty. I sold everything except enough for seed. There are lots years u can have all your wheat sold before Christmas. Now if the cwb was still here they wouldn’ve sold some at 7 but they would still be selling right now at under 6 dollars. So what would I get for my wheat under the cwb? A lot less , probably at least 60 cents plus with the cwb.7 years today farmers who want to are making a lot more money. Wheat will go up later. I thought u were to busy now getting ready for harvest?

Comment

Ive saved $200k on bins alone.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Ive saved $200k on bins alone.
                    Same here , it’s called movement

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      That really defines your level Chuck.
                      Your not helping your new crusade any better than your last one.
                      Is that guy for real ?

Comment

The only thing I wish there was stronger reporting of international sales.
                        The signals in my own back yard are as clear as day. Higher bids when they need it, lower bids when they don't.
                        Sure don't miss the shackles of "orderly" marketing when everyone had to leave room for everyone else. Get paid all my money at once for everything I sold and delivered.

Try and be informed, make a decision and go with it.

One thing I can't ****en stand are target agreements....I'm supposed to make a commitment to sell "X" tonnes at "X" dollars and it's just supposed to hang there on THEIR "Limbo Tree of Target Offers" until they decide to take it....probably only after all the low hanging fruit has been picked from that very tree.

Maybe we should be able to put that very same grain out there to every GrainCo at the very same time. If two trigger at the very same time I get to decide who I want to sell it to.

How can this be so one-sided?

Comment

If CWB was here wheat would be 3.25

Comment

6.50 is the new 3.25.....do the math...

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                              If CWB was here wheat would be 3.25
                              With a 3 bushel quota from the 60s?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List