• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death Watch; RME

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Watch; RME

Now for some reality in AG; Rocky Mountain dealership posted Q2 earnings today. Quarter revenue dropped from 305 M to 195 M comparing Q2 2018 to 2019. Earnings dropped from 6.6 M to 750000. Having over a third of your revenue disappear and still posting positive earning must involve quite the book cooking. Likely a big cost of goods sold lessening as well. Stock price has fallen to 7.23 per share. Was over $14 at one time. Management is backing off there aggressive growth strategy. Yah think? Anyways despite their impressive show, there is little bottom line for all the expanding they have done.

Originally posted by ajl View Post
    Now for some reality in AG; Rocky Mountain dealership posted Q2 earnings today. Quarter revenue dropped from 305 M to 195 M comparing Q2 2018 to 2019. Earnings dropped from 6.6 M to 750000. Having over a third of your revenue disappear and still posting positive earning must involve quite the book cooking. Likely a big cost of goods sold lessening as well. Stock price has fallen to 7.23 per share. Was over $14 at one time. Management is backing off there aggressive growth strategy. Yah think? Anyways despite their impressive show, there is little bottom line for all the expanding they have done.
    It was just talked about recently how insiders were buying stock so who knows

Comment

Aw...poor things. You mean all that consolidation and take overs and building some glass machinery palaces isn't working at the moment.

Too much ****en waste in those places. Wages and dead weight. Gouging farmers for shop labour and parts and ever increasing machinery prices may have to come to an end,

No sympathy

Comment

No sympathy here either, luxurious showrooms do not add any value to the equipment, parts or service in my books.

BUT, for all those on here complaining about the parasites, and middle men, this is yet another example, that margins are slim to non existent for most of them as well. Equipment dealers, grain brokers, grain processors, packers, manufacturers, truckers, etc. keep going bankrupt right along with farmers. Chemical companies(or singular) are facing massive lawsuits, oil/energy companies, including fuel distributors going broke, the list goes on and on.

Comment

Really, who needs dealerships. buy at ritchie bros for much less, afterall dealers give you no warantee so might as well buy at auction. and no parts in stock, we might as well get parts direct off the internet and have it fedexèd next day.

Comment

I for one think iron went nuts and haven’t bought last few years it’s nuts paying 725 thousand and then they tell you two years later it’s worth 300 thousand with 600 hrs.

Little jimmy is having issues also.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              I for one think iron went nuts and haven’t bought last few years it’s nuts paying 725 thousand and then they tell you two years later it’s worth 300 thousand with 600 hrs.

Little jimmy is having issues also.
              Little jimmy just laid off over 50 workers .... sooner or later the Ag Industry Will realize they have bitten off the hand that feeds them

Comment

It’s like Ontario and Quebec F$&king western canada. Farmers have been screwed by all these companies and I have zero love for them. F$&k mother corp.

It’s all about money and we have none right now and for quite a few years to come.

Russia and Ukraine are eating us alive but let’s add a seed tax and carbon tax and f$&k us good.

Comment

The good news is if these guys are a hurting....they are talking to their political buddies ....the noise is happening....

You think I whine....try this on for size....

But my name is on the side of a hospital.....you better ****ing well help me out....

Never mind the money came from gouging the shit out of customers.

Comment

It’s time these stealerships took a long cold
                    bath!!!
                    Put rub bars in two combines $3800 each. Basically 600 bu of wheat to pay that, and the list goes on.
                    If you can’t afford to buy the new, they will get you on parts to fix the junk. It will soon be unaffordable to fix the junk.

Comment

Disposable society ...use it and throw it away...

Lately I have been wondering ....ads have said that companies are producing the most productive machines....

How productive is a machine waiting for service?????

Comment

Nothing to worry about... I dumped just shy of a partsmans yearly salary into that place for combine parts in July.

Kept a couple LTL freight companies and international customs brokers in business as well being that the regina depot is pretty much empty these days. Most everything came out of Lebanon PA, or quebec/Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          Nothing to worry about... I dumped just shy of a partsmans yearly salary into that place for combine parts in July.

Kept a couple LTL freight companies and international customs brokers in business as well being that the regina depot is pretty much empty these days. Most everything came out of Lebanon PA, or quebec/Ontario.
                          Maybe they wanted you to lease a new one instead????????

Comment

Pattison isn’t in trouble he built a second shop in North Battleford. Oh wait thats the Tingleys dealership with all the green equipment.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Disposable society ...use it and throw it away...

Lately I have been wondering ....ads have said that companies are producing the most productive machines....

How productive is a machine waiting for service?????
                              Being productive is fine , but you bring up a good point for sure. You see many new combine sitting a day or two waiting for a service tech with a computer.
                              But also canola below $10 does not even justify the header on those new beasts , let alone all the other shitty grain prices

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...