• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Rye

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid Rye

Does anyone know if the hybrid rye varieties are worth the extra costs vs the net returns, or are seed companies the only ones benefiting.

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
    Does anyone know if the hybrid rye varieties are worth the extra costs vs the net returns, or are seed companies the only ones benefiting.
    You just answered your own question on your last question.

Comment

Why purchase seed by the bushel when you can purchase it per kernel. 🙈
      Last edited by Oliver88; Jul 30, 2019, 23:02.

Comment

Some neighbours did a comparison. Basic conclusion was add more fertilizer get more bushels. Net result was within $10.00/acre in favour of the hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
          Some neighbours did a comparison. Basic conclusion was add more fertilizer get more bushels. Net result was within $10.00/acre in favour of the hybrid.
          Ya that's what I thought, the money you spend on the hybrid would instead go into your soil bank and not the seed company's bank. Thanks.

Comment

For what its worth, I have a neighbour who grows fall rye every year. In March, I made him aware of a bid on farmlead.com for $8.00/bushel. I thought that was good money. His thoughts were that the party was just starting.
            He held out for $7.00/bushel then pulled the trigger on a couple of semi loads.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
              For what its worth, I have a neighbour who grows fall rye every year. In March, I made him aware of a bid on farmlead.com for $8.00/bushel. I thought that was good money. His thoughts were that the party was just starting.
              He held out for $7.00/bushel then pulled the trigger on a couple of semi loads.
              What is his average yields for fall rye when decent amounts of fertilizer are applied.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...