• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garden produce

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden produce

Was just eating fresh carrots, beets, potatoes, cucumbers, etc. From the gargen and You forget how shitty produce tastes that comes from Mx, California , etc. And was just thinking how many city people dont even know what their missing ?

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Was just eating fresh carrots, beets, potatoes, cucumbers, etc. From the gargen and You forget how shitty produce tastes that comes from Mx, California , etc. And was just thinking how many city people dont even know what their missing ?
    Beets... wife cooked some up tonight. Nectar of the gods!

Comment

The kids and I picked the first couple tomatoes this evening. Fresh potatoes, beets, lettuce, peas and green beans on the table almost every day now. Best eating of the year!

Comment

We try to plant a half dozen hills of potatoes or so every two weeks starting the beginning if may, that way we can have "new" spuds right up until harvest is done.

Corn is mine and my oldest kids favorite though. If it's a decent crop we can have it once a day for pretty much 3 weeks, then we freeze the rest for a treat mid winter.

I love raiding the raspberry and strawberry patches when I'm coming to and from the shop though as well.

Comment

Hows the saskatoon crop in your area I thought they would be great here with all the moisture we got but have to hunt for patches with large berries,lots of small ones but still good, chokecherries are going to be sparce havnt been to blueberry patch yet hope they are good as will have to fight a mad swarm of mosquitoes to get them.
          Nanking and evans all winter killed last yr but coming from stumps so mabey next yr.apples and crabs are so-so.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...