• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake honey....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake honey....

Reading about the fake honey coming from other countries....why not send it back or stop it?

Good enough to test and know its happening but why not name the companies and countries doing it and stop it?

China should be an easy target for telling them their product is going back ...

The results are ...we know its happening...we are testing for it...but we ( the government ) are going to do SFA about it...

The government won't even name brands so consumers can make better choices....

This doesn't impact me personally as there is a beekeeper on my land so he gives us honey ....its just a hobby for the old guy...

...but I don't know why the government doesn't do their job...
    Last edited by bucket; Jul 25, 2019, 07:23.

Watch the episode "Lawyers, guns and Honey" from the Netflix"s series "Rotten" it describes how adulterated honey has been an issue for two decades. The entire American side of my family are beekeepers and they have been fighting this for years. It is all the Chinese.

Comment

wouldn't that be an easy one for numbnuts ?
      and they are definitely guilty

Comment

My wife has 6 hives for a hobby, did her first extraction of the year last night. Looks pretty tasty. We have found out there is a lot more work than we ever expected to producing honey, at grocery store prices it would be tough sledding as a business.

A guy she buys her tools from told us he bought 14 brands of honey off the shelf and had them tested and everyone of them had corn syrup in them. If someone had a corn allergy could it not be a food safety issue. I wouldnt necessarily have a problem with it but sure should be labeled different.

Comment

Supered our hives yesterday. My son loves the bees with a passion. I hope he “sticks” with it. Will be extracting in a week or two. Not much capped yet, so not dry enough.

Where did you get that extractor, gdr?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            Supered our hives yesterday. My son loves the bees with a passion. I hope he “sticks” with it. Will be extracting in a week or two. Not much capped yet, so not dry enough.

Where did you get that extractor, gdr?
            Apihex, it came with metal legs but was way too wobbly, built a heavy wood stand and it's quite a bit better. Should have bought a powered one! This is only year number 2. Bees weren't capping here either, just this last week, needed some drier weather.

Comment

I do use some honey and buy it from local producers.
              I like the creamed honey. If its going to crystalize any way I want it the small crystals and uniform through out. Seems honey can have different "flavors" depending on what the bees foraged in to make it.

Thanks to the local honey producers!

Comment

There is so much easy low hanging fruit on the China trade front that could be used to fight back. Including the known amount of fentanyl coming from China.

Perhaps its time to admit that with friends like China, who needs enemies. Is it really worth having (limited) access to export products there when they treat us like they do?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...