• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

valuing old tractors for estate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valuing old tractors for estate

I am starting to deal with an estate and the lawyer tells me I need values for the equipment. Anybody know an appraisor for old 2 cylinder Deers? From Spoker D to an 830 and about 30 in between.

Thanks

Vintage tractors are a hot commodity..
    Where are you located..have people who will be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Vintage tractors are a hot commodity..
      Where are you located..have people who will be interested.
      Central Alberta, but right now I just need values for the lawyer, then talk with accountant and decide how to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
        Central Alberta, but right now I just need values for the lawyer, then talk with accountant and decide how to proceed.
        Donate them to Charity, Saskfarmer3 is registered....

Isn't your wife's name "Charity"?

Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 24, 2019, 21:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
          I am starting to deal with an estate and the lawyer tells me I need values for the equipment. Anybody know an appraisor for old 2 cylinder Deers? From Spoker D to an 830 and about 30 in between.

Thanks
          Machinery Pete likely your best bet. Likely machinerypete.com.

Comment

How about an original model M ? In running condition .Has belt pulley, multiplier ,pto ,owners manual ect

Located in sask.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
              Machinery Pete likely your best bet. Likely machinerypete.com.
              Greg Peterson definitely knows his tractors.

Comment

Some on kijiji. Will give a bit of an idea.

Comment

Kinda depends on the beneficiaries lol.

Several auction houses can provide data.

Comment

Lots of 2 cyl clubs around you might find help there. Would think a google search would find you some numbers most of those guys would likely help.

Comment

Rather than spend a bunch of money on appraisers, which will just cost the estate more, can you just use comparables( which is all the appraiser will do anyways)?

RB auctions lists 138 sales results for JD antique tractors. Unless you have something really rare, should be able to find comparable tractors there for free.

https://www.rbauction.com/john-deere-antique-tractor?keywords=&category=77925324948&manufacture r_name=JOHN%20DEERE&id=ar https://www.rbauction.com/john-deere-antique-tractor?keywords=&category=77925324948&manufacture r_name=JOHN%20DEERE&id=ar

Might need to create a free account to view.

Comment

I do like af5, on rb you see what people will pay, on another note another auction this year in redwater of all old stuff they gave it all away, cousin bought two numbered cats for peanuts. Did the market fall out?

Comment

Go on Mecum Auctions website and search John Deere tractors.You will find lots of restored and original JD tractors and their sales figures. Good luck!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...