• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting that our farm groups can't make this statement....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that our farm groups can't make this statement....

Perdue said the minimal payment would be $15 an acre. “We’re anticipating right now three tranches; probably 50 percent … or minimum there of $15 an acre initially,” he said, adding the second and third tranches would be dependant on market conditions.

Craig Ratajczyk, chief executive of the Illinois Soybean Association, said the $15-per-acre minimum would make agricultural lenders more comfortable.

“This will help provide some type of stability for that type of lending institution. It’s confidence,” he said on the sidelines of an agriculture technology conference in Chicago

Adhoc payments in Canada for the grain farmers is never going to happen. Remember years ago APAS telling everyone there had to be a acreage payment made by such and such a date or half the farmers are going to go broke or something like that. I would rather see them push on stuff like the carbon tax which is a kick in the nuts. Look at your power bill. Seems they are charging GST on the carbon tax to kick you twice.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
      Adhoc payments in Canada for the grain farmers is never going to happen. Remember years ago APAS telling everyone there had to be a acreage payment made by such and such a date or half the farmers are going to go broke or something like that. I would rather see them push on stuff like the carbon tax which is a kick in the nuts. Look at your power bill. Seems they are charging GST on the carbon tax to kick you twice.
      You go get the Americans and French and everyone else to stop their assistance and further tell them to worry about a *** carbon tax they’d string you up.
      A cash payment per acre plain and simple. Use it to pay your little carbon tax or what ever you want.
      Better yet get both no carbon and rhe payment.
      If you don’t want one submit your name. And don’t take it

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        You go get the Americans and French and everyone else to stop their assistance and further tell them to worry about a *** carbon tax they’d string you up.
        A cash payment per acre plain and simple. Use it to pay your little carbon tax or what ever you want.
        Better yet get both no carbon and rhe payment.
        If you don’t want one submit your name. And don’t take it
        oh don't get me wrong, I would love to see a acreage payment , its simple and quick but a stronger crop insurance or ag stability would go further in the long run IMO.

Comment

I would like to just get a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
            oh don't get me wrong, I would love to see a acreage payment , its simple and quick but a stronger crop insurance or ag stability would go further in the long run IMO.
            Yes I agree long run That’s true but it isn’t the case right now we keep getting these promises and maybes and it never happens.

Comment

For all you noble souls who can take on the american treasury...I hope you like a lonely neighborhood...

I don't know why anyone thinks using savings or equity to stay competitive against farmers that have no carbon tax...lower inputs...and farm subsidies is wiser than someone that thinks its retarded....and in the long run makes the canadian farmer less competitive...

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                I would like to just get a good price.
                That's a better target to work towards at least it provides a solution.
                Subsidies and ad-hoc payments do not. $15 an acre would disappear overnight between lowered grain bids and increased input costs of seed, chemicals, machinery and land rental. Subsidy does not put you ahead - believe me I've lived it, it's bid into land cost and the aforementioned inputs. You say it's unfair that we are unsubsidized while farmers in the US and Europe are subsidized - this is the reason land is relatively cheap in Canada compared to the US and EU - they are more heavily subsidized = higher land prices.

Comment

prices are dropping because of this payment....so what the canadian farmer should just suck it up and take the beating????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    prices are dropping because of this payment....so what the canadian farmer should just suck it up and take the beating????
                    Well matching their subsidy isn't going to help you one bit - and them getting it isn't going to help them either - it's an illusion. Kind of thing you would expect a con man to sell you as a great deal.

Comment

It is plain to see that Grassfarmer just wants to be abrasive. We deserve parity and if the government destroys our markets, they should have their arses sued.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        Well matching their subsidy isn't going to help you one bit - and them getting it isn't going to help them either - it's an illusion. Kind of thing you would expect a con man to sell you as a great deal.
                        So if you sold your beef for a lower price all of your costs would drop? Sorry in theory over a long period of time and if everyone else s dropped maybe. But your working from a localized niche market apples and oranges to what is happenning here.

If your neighbor got a dollar more a pound from the government for his beef he could then sell it for a dollar less than you. How long would you think that was a good idea? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                          Then why is the government going to be handing out billions to a few thousand supply management farmers...sounds like matching programs to me.....

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            We deserve parity and if the government destroys our markets, they should have their arses sued.
                            Why do you think you deserve price parity with producers in other countries who are our competitors in international trade? The Government didn't destroy your market it's an international trade dispute - something that happens periodically when you are involved in international trade.

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            Then why is the government going to be handing out billions to a few thousand supply management farmers...sounds like matching programs to me.....
                            What's it matched with? which other country started to dismantle a supply management system and felt as a result it had to compensate the producers for the damages incurred?

Comment

New Zealand deregulated its dairy industry in 1984. It went through a six-year transition period, where farmers received some support, and about 1 per cent of farmers left the industry.

oh oh.....someone knows how to use google with a little help as to where to start looking...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...