• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall delivery contrats vs. fall prices?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall delivery contrats vs. fall prices?

Last I heard, graincos were astonished and surprised at what little grain has been contracted for harvest/fall delivery. Just wondering with prices being offered now, how will graincos see any non contracted grain roll over their scales. Perhaps they don't have much of any shipping booked pre Christmas? But how would we ever know this. I guess they like the margins they're getting now for canola, and like the same for all the other crops. CAD down again this morning.

With the cash advance that is available now is anyone in a big hurry to contract or does that come into play?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
      With the cash advance that is available now is anyone in a big hurry to contract or does that come into play?
      BIG crop a comin, sell everything off combine before it’s worthless .. then again it is NOW!!
      Clean da bins out hold NO old production, as you will just a to da prduction.

Trader Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        BIG crop a comin, sell everything off combine before it’s worthless .. then again it is NOW!!
        Clean da bins out hold NO old production, as you will just a to da prduction.

Trader Joe.
        I take it you're 101% sold?

Fully priced production contracts without Act of Gawd clauses?

Comment

If they want grain..they gave to stop insulting farmers with those shitty prices.
          Special at viterra..$9.50 canola..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            If they want grain..they gave to stop insulting farmers with those shitty prices.
            Thats no special unless they are handing out vaseline as well....

Comment

I wonder what the spread/margin is.

Comment

Lots here dumped canola for two bits more last week. Here I thought we’d see a 0 basis to get the train full but low and behold someone is always willing to sell for less....

Unfortunately looks like $9.50 is the new $12.50. Adapt to survive....

Canola done flowering here and as usual looks good from the road but walk in and its wtf.

Comment

off the combine prices could be the high of the year, lots of downside yet.

Comment

I will never again darken the doorway of any of the local elevators within a 50km radius, total rip-offs. I can make more money having my grain hauled to elevators 1200kms away, with the trucking booked and organized by them. Costs me nothing but the 30mins to load the trucks, vs hauling my own locally and all that that involves.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                      I will never again darken the doorway of any of the local elevators within a 50km radius, total rip-offs. I can make more money having my grain hauled to elevators 1200kms away, with the trucking booked and organized by them. Costs me nothing but the 30mins to load the trucks, vs hauling my own locally and all that that involves.
                      Where do you live and where is 1200 km away?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...