• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What livestock guys are happy with this headline?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What livestock guys are happy with this headline?????

Some livestock producers eligible for tax deferrals

Explain the help this provides????

I thought it was fairly obvious - to reduce the tax burden on producers in a drought situation. Never used it as I've never de-stocked by more than 15% in a drought. Do you think it would it be better if they didn't make this provision?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      I thought it was fairly obvious - to reduce the tax burden on producers in a drought situation. Never used it as I've never de-stocked by more than 15% in a drought. Do you think it would it be better if they didn't make this provision?
      I am just asking...going forward some guys will reduce their herd which also comes with reduced incomes down the road....to rebuild is easy but it comes with a cost with unknown cows....

We have all heard of the guy that brings new cows into his herd only to have his whole herd or industry ****ed up...then what...

When a drought comes about for plane sales with bombardier ...it seems the quicker fix is to give them money to help them bridge the gap or until they sell off a division ....AND for some reason they never have to pay back the ****ing loan....

Daimler Chrysler just had the province of Ontario write off what 450 million....and they charge 75000 plus for a truck...

So do I think its good or bad ....thats really not for me to judge ...but I will say this..(.haha picked that up from listening to politicians).....its not the same type of help other industries receive???? Is it...

So do you want to be treated like other industries and be a capitalist or do you want to mortgage your kids future for something out of your control????

Comment

That is the only answer any Canuckistani government has to solve major livestock issues such as drought. And they go by annual rainfall, so if you get a dump in April and another in September, no one qualifies. That is exactly what happened here last year. Soon as we got 11 inches in September/October last year, Feds and province said didn't matter if everyone only had 1/2 the hay, survey says we got ample rainfall for the year.

I haven't kept tabs on how the risk management programs are doing lately. Ontario's was on very shaky ground a few years ago as they did not have ample funds to pay out cow/calf claims so they were using premiums from the feedlot guys to payout the cow/calf guys, and claims were being paid out 6+ months after the claim. When I pressed them what would happen if the market collapsed entirely, they said people would have to rely on government assistance. The risk management programs are for 'market fluctuations' only, not industry-wide market collapse.

Comment

Sask party government. We re here to help producers of any kind out of the industry they are in, instead of helping them maybe stay in something that may have taken more than one lifetime to build? Input capital, Chinese, African and friends of the party ready to take it all over nothing to see here folks keep voting for the party of the farmers. Lmao. What a *** joke how stupid are we???oooooooh those scarey ndp ers. Were never this bad!!!!!

Outstanding no sense working within crap insurance to help with feed no use transferring feed from areas that have. No use doing any of that.

Comment

Funny thing about tax deferrals is they always come with a catch...this one will be you have to buy back in...all good except you are liquidating into a potential down market and buying back into a rising market eventually....

Why not start looking for options to move crop into bales?????

It might be more profitable than taking out the combine...

I listened to David Mariit on the radio today...apparently he is the ag minister of Saskatchewan...He mentioned something about looking at private insurers to help replace crop insurance....I wonder who has been lobbying him...

Rather than making crop insurance more attractive for producers he would rather burden producers with another higher insurance expense...

They should be looking at way to pay producers for their carbon/environmental efforts based on the data they already have....

Nope charge a carbon tax through both Trudeau's way and through higher electrical rates to pay for CCS at the coal powered generating plant...but can't think their way out of paying producers for their efforts over the las 30 some years of reduced tillage...

It os really too bad that they hire a used car salesman as Ag Minister to sell shit to the producers of this province and sad that they will get back in because they can play the NDP bogeyman line and everyone falls for it...

What is the Saskparty's plan for producers that help keep them in power????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Funny thing about tax deferrals is they always come with a catch...this one will be you have to buy back in...all good except you are liquidating into a potential down market and buying back into a rising market eventually....

Why not start looking for options to move crop into bales?????

It might be more profitable than taking out the combine...

I listened to David Mariit on the radio today...apparently he is the ag minister of Saskatchewan...He mentioned something about looking at private insurers to help replace crop insurance....I wonder who has been lobbying him...

Rather than making crop insurance more attractive for producers he would rather burden producers with another higher insurance expense...

They should be looking at way to pay producers for their carbon/environmental efforts based on the data they already have....

Nope charge a carbon tax through both Trudeau's way and through higher electrical rates to pay for CCS at the coal powered generating plant...but can't think their way out of paying producers for their efforts over the las 30 some years of reduced tillage...

It os really too bad that they hire a used car salesman as Ag Minister to sell shit to the producers of this province and sad that they will get back in because they can play the NDP bogeyman line and everyone falls for it...

What is the Saskparty's plan for producers that help keep them in power????
              What fools they are they wanted to sell all the crowns that are making money they took 250,000,000 from them and helped pay their losses in the budget. Now how many will admit they need to thank the ndp for that. They’d rather see a few rich people make big money than all that money help everyone lower taxes. They better not *** privatize it is it input capital guys going to take that on?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                FWhat is the Saskparty's plan for producers that help keep them in power????
                They will help give you the gift that keeps on taking.....the SEED TAX.

I even fear that Federally, ....."Conservatively" speaking.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 22, 2019, 22:00.

Comment

Meanwhile back at the dairy....

The federal government is working out the final details of a financial compensation package for farmers in Canada’s supply managed sectors, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-food Marie-Claude Bibeau said today.

“We’re talking about distributing billions of dollars of public funds to thousands of producers across the country, so we have to do it right. I can tell you that we have a team who’s working on it to make it happen as soon as possible,” she said during a press conference in Quebec City, Que. on Friday.

The dairy, poultry and egg sectors each requested different kinds of compensation, which is partly why the process is taking longer than expected. But the government hopes to announce and implement the compensation before the election, Bibeau said
                  Last edited by bucket; Jul 23, 2019, 08:15.

Comment

Where the “F” is that useless pulse board? Tits on a boar!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      Where the “F” is that useless pulse board? Tits on a boar!
                      Hahaha....you ever talk to Carl Potts. ...try it ....ask him a question why they are not on the government....

Better yet ask a board member. ...it's a mandatory checkoff....they don't care....

Comment

Is there a cow tax for dairy farmers, like the seed tax? they buy the cow once, but it produces milk over and over, and produces new cows. seems only fair.

Comment

The sad part of the pulse board they still blame root rot on wet soil conditions
                          Bahahaha.......
                          it is so sad they listen solely to one Chen company now and not the thousands of producers that actually pay their fukin wages ... its sickening
                          It’s called fusarium.... not aphenomisis that’s the root cause ..... but hey let’s blame conditions... wow ...
                          google round up , fusarium, root rots ..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...