• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Green Dream

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
    Ok chuck give me an example of farmers being subsidized.If you cant or won't, stop spreading your bs.
    He just did:

"Farmers are receiving subsidized rates below residential rates in Saskatchewan even though the grid cost of delivering electricity is much higher to farmers than most residential customers. So farm customers are getting a very large subsidy in the current system."

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Your convoluted example is a pile of cricket shit!

Grid cost may be rising for a variety of reasons, but suggesting renewables are driving all the increased costs is speculation at best and probably just anti-green power ranting from a climate change denier!
      In fact, my convoluted example was my attempt to simplify what Germany is doing, almost exactly, into a language that you can understand, since we have established that you don't respond to posts containing technical and economic terms( or inconvenient questions).

You can prove me wrong, and prove that renewables are not driving all of the increased costs by simply providing a real life past or present example of a jurisdiction installing additional renewables, and their retail electricity costs not increasing greater than their neighbors who did not. But when the correlation between renewables and higher costs is perfect, the variety of reasons really comes down to one.

Comment

Grassey, a quick look at saskpower rates and farms pay about ten dollars a month more for basic monthly charge but pay about two cents less for a kilowatt. But farms generally use more power than the city folk so farms get a cheaper rate.

Bulk purchasing usually gets a better price, pretty common practice in retailer and wholesale pricing.

Comment

Fwiw California imports a third of their electricity requirements. Not self sufficient. They're exporting the pollution and jobs. New regulation was put in place requiring every new build to have solar installed making new home prices at bare minimum $10k more expensive. If i had real money and lived there, I'd be running away to Arizona. Any comparison of Cali to Sk is irrelevant. They are living a dream...

Comment

Obviously different economics etc in oz. Don't know nearly as much as chuck on this but renewables displacing fossils big time.

https://reneweconomy.com.au/electricity-prices-across-the-grid-
            fall-to-zero-as-renewables-reach-44-share-77635/

Read an article recently about the worlds largest solar project planned for the Northern Territories I think it was.
            15000 hectares of solar panels to export power to Singapore.I'm sure af.5 will feel left out and post his usual cat fishing comments
            Last edited by Guest; Jul 23, 2019, 00:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
              Don't know nearly as much as chuck on this
              That statement is funny on so many levels. I kept saying that I wouldn't put you on ignore because I held out hope that you would have something constructive to offer. And you finally didn't let me down, thanks.

Comment

I’ve always heard Cons were dinosaurs but geez guys you Don’t have to make the Stereo type TRUE

Comment

Chuck makes it sound like we burn all the power on the farm in our house and it's all subsidized.

What about what we use on the farm? Farms in SK pay higher rates than any other commercial segment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...