• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most hated weed?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
    My worst weeds ....... couple of my neighbours.
    That have weeds the University wouldn’t be able to identify.
    Might be Spodolee weed. 😂

Comment

How bad is white cockle? I've been fighting a few patches around the yard. Then I did a crop tour of the area a couple weeks ago and was surprised to see they've completely taken over some ditches and fencelines on some land 15 miles out. It seems to thrive in alfalfa/hay land.

Comment

It can get bad if not held in check
        We grow a lot of alfalfa for seed , youre right about that
        Express pro works good in spring better in fall
        Used some travallas (it has the old glean/ally in it) on wheat this spring , control looks good

Comment

Comment

I try and use that 4 to. 5 times a week

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
              Wild oats and kochia.
              http://www.eattheweeds.com/kochia/

Comment

He makes it sound like alternatives to mainstream crop production has NO challenges.

If the alternatives are so easy and lucrative......everyone would be doing it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unicorns-fart-rainbows-vector-17448926.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	767504

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  He makes it sound like alternatives to mainstream crop production has NO challenges.

If the alternatives are so easy and lucrative......everyone would be doing it.

[ATTACH]4559[/ATTACH]
                  The "if's" you are deliberately ignorant about are costing you

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    farma what do you use for preburn for flax ?
                    Usually only glyphosate. But have used Authority for kochia control and suppression of cleavers. I've tank mixed the two. Sometimes I will apply the Authority after seeding to get a more uniform layer.

In crop...clethodim/sethoxydim and bromoxynil with MCPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                      The "if's" you are deliberately ignorant about are costing you
                      There have been NO successful attempts at the alternatives to mainstream production practices in this district, only failures....even at the dramatically higher prices being paid. Absolutely none. Tried and failed. Dismally, they couldn't make a living doing it and would have fed very few people doing it.

We are using the tools made available to us, if you don't like it.....that's not my problem. It will be business as usual.
                      Everyone should buy and consume what ever they can afford and choose, the beauty of freedom of choice.

Keep looking through the organic keyhole with both eyes at the same time because only some one as narrow minded as yourself can do it.

To each their own. I don't care if someone chooses either production model, not worth my time to care. Both have a purpose.
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 19, 2019, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        express isn't registered but some are using it for a better kill at burnoff .

buc m seems hard on the flax compared to curtail !
                        BUC M has a better control spectrum but can't beat Curtail on the thistle family.

Weather conditions shortly before, during and shortly after determine how hard the flax gets affected by BUC M.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          There have been NO successful attempts at the alternatives to mainstream production practices in this district, only failures....even at the dramatically higher prices being paid. Absolutely none. Tried and failed. Dismally, they couldn't make a living doing it and would have fed very few people doing it.

We are using the tools made available to us, if you don't like it.....that's not my problem. It will be business as usual.
                          Everyone should buy and consume what ever they can afford and choose, the beauty of freedom of choice.

Keep looking through the organic keyhole with both eyes at the same time because only some one as narrow minded as yourself can do it.

To each their own. I don't care if someone chooses either production model, not worth my time to care. Both have a purpose.
                          I see austrabasement dweller got tired of replying to his own replys on his roundup thread
                          Think he was trying to get record amount of posts till everyone quit playing with him , lol

Comment

I am not against spraying. Spray to your heart’s content.
                            This is simply an observation.
                            We have been spraying weeds at least once a year, every year, for about 45 years and we still have weeds. Nature is pretty cool. Everything in nature wants to live and propagate.
                            Look at your fencelines/headlands. Run a nozzle against the grassy fence line to “clean up” the grass and canada thistle replaces the grass. Now you have an intermittent line of canada thistle.
                            When the middle of August sets in, drive around, look at the ditches, fence lines, pastures, abandoned rail beds. Sow thistle, canada thistle, yellow/white clover and grass is all in bloom.

Comment

Mother Nature is more persistent than any farmer ever will be. In the end she is the winner. No matter which production model is chosen. There is more in common than some people care to admit!

Good luck this year and take care hobby.

Comment

Thanks Farma.

I was reading another thread and somebody mentioned cleavers. I dont remember having cleavers since I stopped growing canola. I dont know where it went to but basically non existent.
                                Wild mustard has replaced cleavers on this farm. 🙂 This “no spraying” bullshit is not a good idea I would never encourage it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...