• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Morning Cynicism

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bugs me about Sask Pulse is that the seed plants and marketers collect levies for them, even though farmers should be able to get them back.The board has access to valuable information- think they share with the industry- not a friggin chance! I say, “ Don’t collect the levy - let them do their own collecting”.

Comment

I have been going to the annual meetings at crop week in Saskatoon for years. Its a great place to question the activities of the different boards. If a guy doesn't like what a board is doing or not doing you have to stand up and speak , and I mean directly not to the couple dozen posters that are active on this site. I have different neighbours that go to crop sphere every year to get in the face of those who influence decision making. Screaming on here isn't gonna do it. My take on all of this is that I'm happy to pay my checkoff as I feel I get good value for my investment. Being able to hear the annual report and ask questions in person is important. Yes Sask pulse should be refundable. If I don't like what the others are doing I have the power to take my money back. The fear of refunds is a big one for a lot of boards and a high refund rate will absolutely affect their thinking if they feel that they are offside with their stakeholders.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
        I have been going to the annual meetings at crop week in Saskatoon for years. Its a great place to question the activities of the different boards. If a guy doesn't like what a board is doing or not doing you have to stand up and speak , and I mean directly not to the couple dozen posters that are active on this site. I have different neighbours that go to crop sphere every year to get in the face of those who influence decision making. Screaming on here isn't gonna do it. My take on all of this is that I'm happy to pay my checkoff as I feel I get good value for my investment. Being able to hear the annual report and ask questions in person is important. Yes Sask pulse should be refundable. If I don't like what the others are doing I have the power to take my money back. The fear of refunds is a big one for a lot of boards and a high refund rate will absolutely affect their thinking if they feel that they are offside with their stakeholders.
        I wrote a letter to the board of saskpulse....the reply was they are doing a good job....not one suggestion was even looked at in a positive light...

Basically they said why don't I **** off....I would but they won't give my checkoff money back...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          There are no new markets, but there are a lot of cheaper producers out there now. Thats the reality and why Canadian Ag will see a reset. COP have to be lowered drastically.
          Not sure about no new markets. Body builders are using protein powders based on pea protein in lieu of whey protein more and more. Those plant burgers are really taking off. Until people realize plant burgers are dog food with better flavours that market will grow.

Comment

If Ag has such a rosy future, you should see it soon. Whether Canada participates in that or the end customer can even afford it remains to be seen. Our incompetent leadership stands in our way.

There is 150M new extra people for NA. I would say that is our next market. We shouldn't be looking for poor people to feed. We should be integrating heavily into the US system with whatever excess moving off shore through the delta.

By my calculations, the US can not handle the extra demands. they will eventually need all Canadian production as well. By the by that's also another 10M bbls a day of oil use. They will also need all our oil as well. Probably a lot of our other resources as well. Water, potash. other minerals. We will be a defacto US satellite one way or another.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	pop2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	767487
            Click image for larger version

Name:	pop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	767486
            Last edited by jazz; Jul 13, 2019, 16:22.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...