• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck wagon races.....a thought..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newguy View Post
    The horses are the ones that are put into danger.Type of race horses used were not meant for this.They were bred for speed not ranch use.Chuck guys go to the track and claim horses to put on the chucks.
    Again you are talking out of your ass about this. We never claimed a single horse. Bought lots privately from the trainers. Claiming does happen but majority are usually bought privately at the end of the season. Sure thoroughbreds are bred for speed but training and natural aptitude is more conducive to their abilities to perform varied tasks. Percherons are work horses but a shit ton of saddle horses back in the day as well as war horses and rcmp mounts were thoroughbred Percheron cross. You know sweet f all and here to just start a fight as usual.

Comment

Simply another mindless reply by new guy , but unfortunately he /she / it represents a growing number of clueless Canadians.
      It’s unfortunate how the misinformation is really getting spread , much like carbon .
      I would much rather ride a chuckwagon than walk downtown North Battleford any given day or night.
      Let alone my children or anyone’s grandchildren.
      Lets all just play video games and leave animals out to the wild pastures …..
      Last edited by furrowtickler; Nov 30, 2023, 00:26.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Simply another mindless reply by new guy , but unfortunately he /she / it represents a growing number of clueless Canadians.
        It’s unfortunate how the misinformation is really getting spread , much like carbon .
        I would much rather ride a chuckwagon than walk downtown North Battleford any given day or night.
        Let alone my children or anyone’s grandchildren.
        Lets all just play video games and leave animals out to the wild pastures …..
        This individual more than anything is trying to start a fight on the commodity board. They know absolutely nothing about horses other than what they’ve been. Shouldn’t have even got any more invested in this pissing match but when someone spews complete bullshit they need to be corrected.

Comment

Yea I agree. , don’t know why I waste my time with Chuck/newguy

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

Again you are talking out of your ass about this. We never claimed a single horse. Bought lots privately from the trainers. Claiming does happen but majority are usually bought privately at the end of the season. Sure thoroughbreds are bred for speed but training and natural aptitude is more conducive to their abilities to perform varied tasks. Percherons are work horses but a shit ton of saddle horses back in the day as well as war horses and rcmp mounts were thoroughbred Percheron cross. You know sweet f all and here to just start a fight as usual.
            What is claiming?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Agree with Farma on the calf roping - That's the one that shouldn't be in the public eye in my opinion. Hard on the calves and not much of a sport. If you wan't to ride bulls, broncs or milk wild cows go right ahead.
              Not sure why we are commenting on a 4 year old thread by posters no longer with us.
              But to say that calf roping isn't much of a sport is grossly uninformed.
              I can't rope, and I haven't even rode a horse for years, but I have infinite respect for the skill required to rope a running animal from the back of another running animal.
              I would argue that it takes far more talent than any supposed sport involving balls, pucks, or fighting a fellow human.
              My neighbors who do roping for real for treating animals on pasture tells me how rare this skill is, even among experienced cowboys.
              ​​​​​​That doesn't make it any easier on the poor calf. But in the real world, getting his neck jerked, is still preferable to dieing of pneumonia or infection, or suffering with footrot etc.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post

What is claiming?
                In horse racing some races are claiming races. What that means is there is a set value for horses put in that particular race which other trainers can put the money in the box before the race to purchase a horse they want. After the race the trainer takes possession. The clincher is if the horse breaks down or dies the horse is still theirs. No one likes getting a horse claimed if they have potential to go on to better stakes but it’s the name of the game. For the troll to say trainers hate wagon guys claiming horses is laughable as it takes a trainer to claim a horse. End of race season trainers are glad to part with horses as it’s expensive to winter an underperforming horse with no guarantee they’ll recoup the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Not sure why we are commenting on a 4 year old thread by posters no longer with us.
                  But to say that calf roping isn't much of a sport is grossly uninformed.
                  I can't rope, and I haven't even rode a horse for years, but I have infinite respect for the skill required to rope a running animal from the back of another running animal.
                  I would argue that it takes far more talent than any supposed sport involving balls, pucks, or fighting a fellow human.
                  My neighbors who do roping for real for treating animals on pasture tells me how rare this skill is, even among experienced cowboys.
                  ​​​​​​That doesn't make it any easier on the poor calf. But in the real world, getting his neck jerked, is still preferable to dieing of pneumonia or infection, or suffering with footrot etc.
                  Yet you decided to make a comment and singled out Grassy's post.

Grassy out witted you in every debate and as you mentioned has been gone from Agriville for several years now, but you just can't let it go.

Regarding your sports comment did you participate in any organized sports?​

Last edited by foragefarmer; Nov 30, 2023, 19:41.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Wilton
                    I really respect anyone that participates in this sport, always interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                      The horses are the ones that are put into danger.Type of race horses used were not meant for this.They were bred for speed not ranch use.Chuck guys go to the track and claim horses to put on the chucks.
                      Want to guess where most of the horses end up that aren’t claimed or bought off the track?

Theres only so many people with a use for an OTTB.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Yet you decided to made a comment and singled out Grassy's post.

Grassy out witted you in every debate and as you mention has been gone from Agriville for several years now, but you just can't let it go.

Regarding your sports comment did you participate in any organized sports?​

You keep in touch with him? Think he moved down to your neck of the woods. We agreed and disagreed on things but at least what he wrote sounded intelligent. He put some thought into it even if it was an unpopular opinion. Didn’t need cut and paste or to have to disseminate fallacies. Too bad he got pissed off and left.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

Want to guess where most of the horses end up that aren’t claimed or bought off the track?

Theres only so many people with a use for an OTTB.
                          Fort Macleod. Sanctioned into 8oz shares across Japan and Europe

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

You keep in touch with him? Think he moved down to your neck of the woods. We agreed and disagreed on things but at least what he wrote sounded intelligent. He put some thought into it even if it was an unpopular opinion. Didn’t need cut and paste or to have to disseminate fallacies. Too bad he got pissed off and left.
                            No I don't keep in touch with him, and he did move to south central Manitoba. I'm more SE MB.

It would be great if he came back because he knew what he was talking about regarding all topics and was very humble about.

He did make one post when Covid first came out, but he quickly realized which direction Agriville was going and wasn't going to waste his time and effort on it.

Smart move on his part.

Comment

Woke thinking even shows up in rodeo, such an evil sport.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...