• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Bourgault, Seed Hawk, Morris, etc.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    Ding Ding Ding Holy Crap Chuck made a post that wasn’t about climate change!

Welcome to the world of Ag Chuck.
    As we have been trying to tell Chuck for years, one post like that does more for his credibility than a 1000 cut and pastes or disparaging words about non-believers. Unfortunately, by now Nearly everyone has Chuck on the ignore list and he probably won't get many responses.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 12, 2019, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      As we have been trying to tell Chuck for years, one post like that does more for his credibility than a 1000 cut and pastes or disparaging words about non-believers. Nearly everyone has Chuck on the ignore by now and he probably won't get many responses
      Yeah my study says that drill is bad for the environment. Doesn't sequester enough carbon, uses too much fuel to pull. Should be banned or subject to high tax rates so he will look for alternatives. No I don't need to provide any real proof just like the IPCC doesn't either.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Yeah my study says that drill is bad for the environment. Doesn't sequester enough carbon, uses too much fuel to pull. Should be banned or subject to high tax rates so he will look for alternatives. No I don't need to provide any real proof just like the IPCC doesn't either.
        We should probably encourage this with actual input on disc drills... or perhaps I'm being set up, but here it goes.

K-Hart: have yet to see a crop, in any condition, that I'd trade them drills over.

1895 deere: it's pretty much the only drill sold in dryland south of hwy 3 in an. Phenomenal trash clearance, as most guys use stripper headers, and they seem to keep trading them in on new ones, which says something to me...

Pillar: I'm intrigued by the idea. Single disc for fert placement coupled with with half a hoe style opener to act as both a mud sc****r, and seed placer. Again, guys that have them seem to trade them back for new ones.

As for the case? Haven't seen one yet.

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;416654]What are your thoughts on the various disc drills on the market? Is the Case precision disc better than the JD version?[/QUOT
          I’ve had both. Case cuts straw a lot better.and cuts in the ground better . Case gauge wheel doesn’t plug with mud like the Deere. Case is paralinkage.
          Deere has a seed firming wheel

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
            Pillar: I'm intrigued by the idea. Single disc for fert placement coupled with with half a hoe style opener to act as both a mud sc****r, and seed placer. Again, guys that have them seem to trade them back for new ones.

Would be interested in anyone'a experience with Pillar also. Was looking for a different option and they sounded good. There has been one in our area for the last 2 seasons, not at all impressed with the germ, but just wondering of it was operator not machine issues.

Comment

Whats the latest morris seeder is it quantam????

a big guy in WA had one this year asked for his money back and his old morris seeder after about 7000 acres apparently they did so he kept his mouth shut

see if i can photos poor depth and he wrecked the other components basically said they were going backwards in the changes.

I know my contour 1 is high maintainence but shes as tough as and air cart is bullett proof

Comment

Insightful thread for sure. There was a time across north america when people would scatter seeds out of a sack, plow or harrow it in, go home, feed the oxen or horses and then say their prayers at night.

Comment

Three new quantum around here....one was rejected....another had a lot of problems

Good deal for dealer but they are going backwards. ...tanks are garbage...

Turn to sharp and you wreck back wheels of drill.....

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                    Insightful thread for sure. There was a time across north america when people would scatter seeds out of a sack, plow or harrow it in, go home, feed the oxen or horses and then say their prayers at night.
                    My dad told me of watching his dad do that in the old country in the 1930s.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                      We are high tech around here. Still use this wonder of modern science regularly. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190712_221047.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	767482Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190712_221109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	767483

Comment

My dad seeded sloughs with one of them when I was a kid. Oats. I don’t know where that air seeder is. Hiding in a shed maybe? Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                          My dad seeded sloughs with one of them when I was a kid. Oats. I don’t know where that air seeder is. Hiding in a shed maybe? Cool.
                          It's been a fairly reliable seeder. It has most of the bells and whistles , variable rate, sectional control, blockage indicators , high flotation kit when I wear the big rubber boots, slim fold for transport, and load cells for weighing product.

After sales service has been poor lately. Not quite a Century old yet, and Already the canvas sack is not available. This one got kind of rotten and ripped prematurely I was hoping to upgrade to the thousand bushel sack so I can be a real BTO

Comment

Just going to leave this here

https://youtu.be/KS3Hha4qAOU?list=UUHIGcVcDOS9ShVYJo5bWIIQ

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              It's been a fairly reliable seeder. It has most of the bells and whistles , variable rate, sectional control, blockage indicators , high flotation kit when I wear the big rubber boots, slim fold for transport, and load cells for weighing product.

After sales service has been poor lately. Not quite a Century old yet, and Already the canvas sack is not available. This one got kind of rotten and ripped prematurely I was hoping to upgrade to the thousand bushel sack so I can be a real BTO
                              For those not familiar with this engineering marvel,
                              variable rate is when I open or close the gate on the go to change rate.
                              Sectional control is when I crank faster or slower to make it throw further or closer
                              blockage is when I see nothing coming out, I momentarily open the gate to clear the blockage.
                              High flotation was already explained, usually required since this is typically used to seed hay in the spots too wet to drive.
                              Slim fold, the canvas bag just collapses when empty.
                              Load cells, it is really heavy to carry when full, gets lighter and easier to carry when empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                                A BG tech person told us the system we have is the best kept secret..but we can't make money selling $100,000 drills..
                                We sure like our 8910 , has been very reliable

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...