• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    The glass covering my phone camera lens is cracked. It screws up the color and quality of the pictures.

This is the Ghetto...nothing looks as good as the pictures portray...because everything is photo-shopped!
    even if I threw my phone in the dirt then squinted half sideways into the sun, my flax crop would still look sick.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      You remind me of me when the hutterite colony 30 miles away asks how my crop went on any year... bahaha. When THEY ask, it's always bordering on a failure.

The boss looked at me bewildered a few years ago, after everyone pulled big bushels, and he asked that question and got my stock reply...

I told him, "Dont get me wrong, I quite like you, but I dont need a new neighbor if you know what I mean."
      I can't, and don't want to, farm all the land in the neighborhood so I will always have and need neighbors.....as long as they don't want to buy the same land as I do. 😉

Comment

Farma, I am going to drive over to 35 Highway from Francis north to Qu’Appelle and see for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Farma, I am going to drive over to 35 Highway from Francis north to Qu’Appelle and see for myself.
          Save your gas to go to the lake with.

Comment

Save your gas to go to the lake with.
            Don't let the farm tours near farmas place or prices will fall a buck overnight.

Comment

The ghetto looks better than the garden of eden this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                The ghetto looks better than the garden of eden this year.
                so farma has been tricking us all these years and hes a closet millionare a few times over.........darn internet never know who to trust

disclaimer *sarcasm intended*

Comment

The only reason I farm here is because I don't know any better and its home. Been doing this my whole life, "here"! I understand and know this place's limitations, too well.

I don't like some of the dirt we farm but its ours. I don't want anymore land with too many rocks, sloughs and eroded knolls or sand patches. aka Ghetto.

High maintenance dirt. Not uniform.

Yup, multi millionaire over and over(sarcasm intended). Wish I could cash in. Otherwise asset rich cash poor. No fancy lake cabin or boat. No "winter" home. If I "want" more I better get off my lazy arse and do more. Rent some land, get a winter job, invest in another venture, find something to compliment what I'm already doing. BUT, I've done my part in growing this place. I suddenly got old! I can guarantee you I don't have the lifestyle some of you have, but to each their own!

If I had enough self confidence and self esteem and pride in this place and myself I would have made an effort to meet the people who reached out. But I prefer my anonymity.

I am what I proclaim and proclaim what I am.

Take care folks.

Comment

The only reason I farm here is because I don't know any better and its home. Been doing this my whole life, "here"! I understand and know this place's limitations, too well.

I don't like some of the dirt we farm but its ours. I don't want anymore land with too many rocks, sloughs and eroded knolls or sand patches. aka Ghetto.

High maintenance dirt. Not uniform.

Yup, multi millionaire over and over(sarcasm intended). Wish I could cash in. Otherwise asset rich cash poor. No fancy lake cabin or boat. No "winter" home. If I "want" more I better get off my lazy arse and do more. Rent some land, get a winter job, invest in another venture, find something to compliment what I'm already doing. BUT, I've done my part in growing this place. I suddenly got old! I can guarantee you I don't have the lifestyle some of you have, but to each their own!

If I had enough self confidence and self esteem and pride in this place and myself I would have made an effort to meet the people who reached out. But I prefer my anonymity.

I am what I proclaim and proclaim what I am.

Take care folks.
                    We could be brothers, as stubborn as not so smart.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                      ................ stubborn as not so smart.
                      Wait a second ........ my wife occasionally says the same thing to me. Must be a “job” requirement or something.

Out checking some crops tonight and the kids say it’s just like a corn maze. I hope it grows taller then them soon. Looking good except the drowned out low spots and all the weeds coming after the “monsoons” lately.

Another thunderstorm tonight and still glad to not have any hay down yet. Nobody has a bale made yet. Monday we’ll slap the discbine back together (putting new rollers in) and start regardless. Some of the guys we normally sell dry hay to are willing to take silage bales so we’ll haul and wrap them at their place. I don’t need a single bale so I hope they all turn out and get on a truck outta here. Hoping for sunshine and heat as well. The kids said the was “so bright today” I guess it would seem so after hardly seeing it for a couple weeks 😎

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2655EE56-7F69-4B70-B687-55EE8BCA85CD.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	767484

The above picture was taken yesterday so I would say we’re about 10 days behind.the next two might gain some ground with temps in 30 range.

Comment

Thank goodness it hasn't been such a hot one yet.

I realize some places need this crop to advance quicker but we're ok here.

Comment

Bring on the heat push this mother along. It’s a shit show so may as well push it.Click image for larger version

Name:	C34BBB44-FED6-4096-A3B9-081781257BE7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	767485

Comment

Thank goodness it hasn't been such a hot one yet.

I realize some places need this crop to advance quicker but we're ok here.
                              I’ll take all the heat you don’t want/ need. Yesterday was +24 and today is supposed to be the same. Last time we were warmer was in April ironically and spring was ahead of schedule then. Now we’re weeks behind and need to catch up especially since there’s enough moisture for now. The five letter F word is always closer than you think out west in the hills here.

I’ll second what SF3 said about pushing it along. Ma Nature please get off the “Pause” button and push “Play”. 🌞

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                                Guess where crops are the best?[ATTACH]4523[/ATTACH]
                                Yup
                                Very critical time for rains ...... or no rains

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...