• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
    Also saw #nolakeformethisweekend posted by a few fungicide high rollers.
    Lol , too bad for them ..
    I feel sorry for ignorance like that.
    A lot of areas have not had the rains or the crop to remotely justify an expensive fungicide or the cost of fuel and crop trampling .
    Run that pencil with those factors on #$8canolie........

Comment

A few years ago the canola council had ads on radio with their agrologist saying if you didn't have at least 35bpa coming it wasn't worth spraying a fungicide....it wasn't canopied enough to justify....the air would get through it...

Never hear that anymore ...the masters didn't like the logic...

Don't remember his name nor if he works there anymore..

Comment

The good news is conditions were great this sping to pound the acres in fast. The bad news is most everyone including us pounded in the canola too early. The nicest canola by far was put in the last week of May. That canola dodged the frost and the flee beatle pressure. A shitty prize for those that finished seeding first. Seeding capacity can be a double edged sword.
        Last edited by biglentil; Jul 9, 2019, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          The good news is conditions were great this sping to pound the acres in fast. The bad news is most everyone including us pounded in the canola too early. The nicest canola by far was put in the last week of May. That canola dodged the frost and the flee beatle pressure. A shitty prize for those that finished seeding first. Seeding capacity can be a double edged sword.
          How would a guy be able to go on twitter and say he is still seeding at the end of May...he would be ostracized unless he was re-seeding.....then he would be genius....

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            Any noticeable difference in varieties?
            Our 7565 is doing real well compared to the newest and greatest truflex 92sc..
            Night and day different here. 75-65 is ok but nowhere near the plant of the 92SC or 94CR. Have a couple other roundup varieties and won’t touch any of the dekalb. Combine tells in the end but all ours next year looking like 92SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
              Night and day different here. 75-65 is ok but nowhere near the plant of the 92SC or 94CR. Have a couple other roundup varieties and won’t touch any of the dekalb. Combine tells in the end but all ours next year looking like 92SC.
              Ok.your the 1st guy who us happy with truflex.

Comment

Random thought, if you've sprayed fungi year in and year out for the last 10, is there anything beneficial left in the soil to fight disease au natural? Have you backed yourself into a corner?

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                  Random thought, if you've sprayed fungi year in and year out for the last 10, is there anything beneficial left in the soil to fight disease au natural? Have you backed yourself into a corner?
                  It's difficult to find any hard data on that question.
                  But I think this might be a case where Ostranada's, beloved treadmill may actually apply.

Comment

China Vice President Qishan stated yesterday; “China and the rest of the world must co-exist. China’s development can’t shut out the rest of the world. The world’s development can’t shut out China” These statements appeared to give canola and hogs a price boost today.

Nov canola now has resistance at $460/MT (IMO). Heavy resistance @ $475/MT. Key support @ $440/MT.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                      China Vice President Qishan stated yesterday; “China and the rest of the world must co-exist. China’s development can’t shut out the rest of the world. The world’s development can’t shut out China” These statements appeared to give canola and hogs a price boost today.

Nov canola now has resistance at $460/MT (IMO). Heavy resistance @ $475/MT. Key support @ $440/MT.
                      And more than likely they have a better handle on production than any agency in Canada. ...if the canola council was doing its job ...when China comes calling the line should go dead for a few months....same with the other so called checkoff groups....India can GFT if their drought continues....

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        It's difficult to find any hard data on that question.
                        But I think this might be a case where Ostranada's, beloved treadmill may actually apply.
                        I’d prefer to fight disease with varietal resistance and cultural practices but we know that is not always adequate. Seldom is canola ever sprayed in this area but cereals quite frequently. I prefer to scout and and make decisions myself. Probably have given up a few bushels at times but I follow the adage nature abhors to a vacuum.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          It's all a big ego stroking competition, LOOK AT ME!!

I only do Agriville, that's enough for me and all I can take some days.
                          Ya I know what you mean I can’t stand some of the shit I post on here.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            Ya I know what you mean I can’t stand some of the shit I post on here.
                            I think the educating the public on twitter about farming will backfire. Somebody will look at those eventually and say WTF he sprayed something on our food like 6 times a season.

We aren't winning any converts over or influencing policy so might as well keep our mouths shut and go about our business.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              How would a guy be able to go on twitter and say he is still seeding at the end of May...he would be ostracized unless he was re-seeding.....then he would be genius....
                              The airplanes, helicopters and ground units are in full force around here. It must be fungicide.
                              I had to reseed hemp because of weed pressure june 28/29.
                              Never enough time to do things right, always enough time to do them twice.🙂

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                                And more than likely they have a better handle on production than any agency in Canada. ...if the canola council was doing its job ...when China comes calling the line should go dead for a few months....same with the other so called checkoff groups....India can GFT if their drought continues....
                                too busy planning the next palm springs winter vacation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...