• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ukraine harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Thanks for the report. Can you be more specific of what areas you visited? I had a different impression of the north western areas that I've seen, probably more like only 1 in 10 being in production. Southern areas are much more like you've described, and modernizing fast, motivated by the sanctions which are backfiring in a big way.
    Sorry my mistake i did mean to say 1 acre out of 10 is farmed. I was mostly in Tyver oblast which is about 4 hours northwest of Moscow.There is good farmland and there is a lot of lumber produced there too. You could leave a modern city like Tyver and be in the backwoods in an hour like stepping back in time.
    What impressed me in the forests was the sheer size and height of the the trees especially birch as compared to here.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      yep why i said fact or fiction somewere in between.

Guys had to get on roof top one of them is still alive saw a newspaper interview his comment about the show was he hoped it would bring out some truths, he didnt say it was factual either chose his words well.

Comment

Russian #wheat yield is declining fast. 3.8 mt/ha as of Jul 12, which is -3% YoY. And 2018 was a mediocre year in terms of yield. However, lower average yield also reflects an early harvest campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          That's alot of fingers on one hand.

Comment

Genetic mutation from the nuclear reactor meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Genetic mutation from the nuclear reactor meltdown.
              Full glasses of vodka can do that to a person also. I know this to be true.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...