• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you reckon Grass?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you reckon Grass?

Boris Johnson will make it to Downing St despite road blocks?

If he gets there will he be able to bulldoze brexit through somehow?

He making news in Oz nightly or the whole brexit deal , new pm deal, break from nightly serve of trump headlines.

Character. shit disturber , politically incorrect , wild private life, wild in his younger years, lots of fact fiction and grey stuff in between. Has lived life despite possibly being a "silver spoon" and very privileged.

Wicked sense of humour and quick wit. Read somewere he is the basil fawlty of british politics.

He loathes the french and they loathe him back, plus hes not real keen on rest of the europeans.

Think he got everything needed to be a PM lol.

Lots of my brexit voting freinds in UK are sick of it all still believe in brexit but seem to think it wont happen and everyone shall just carry on as per usual.

Braveheart might like to comment.

Watched another doco about AG in scotland, wow some spots i think western highlands??? had 170 inches of rain per year wow but they went on to say soil was poor to very poor by world standards but also said some of scotland has best soils in the world. Rain goes down to 35 inches in places.

Seems livestock have taken a back seat to barley canola and wheat production in areas were grain can be grown and im sure they said 70% of ag area is crops. Maybe it was 70% of arable.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
      Watched another doco about AG in scotland, wow some spots i think western highlands??? had 170 inches of rain per year wow but they went on to say soil was poor to very poor by world standards but also said some of scotland has best soils in the world. Rain goes down to 35 inches in places.

Seems livestock have taken a back seat to barley canola and wheat production in areas were grain can be grown and im sure they said 70% of ag area is crops. Maybe it was 70% of arable.
      A very small sliver of great land on the east coast around Edinburgh and it gets poorer from there. It would be 70% of the arable. Tremendously productive on the best land with the huge inputs they use combined with a less extreme climate than Western Canada or Oz. Top yields would be oats 200bu/acre, winter wheat 160bu and winter canola 83bu.
      Excellent document showing their yields, practices, inputs etc at http://www.sasa.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Crop%20Production%20in%20East%20of%20Scotland.pdf http://https://www.sasa.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Crop%20Production%20in%20East%20of%20Scotland.pdf
      Livestock have taken a real tumble in numbers since 2000 but predictable since the subsidies moved away from a headage basis (ie now you get the same subsidy if you have 50 or 500 sheep) Still plenty stock in a small country and relative to their feed resources.

As for Boris - complete jackass, unfit to lead the country but it's increasingly the type people are electing around the world. No idea how he will affect Brexit but if he is in power that would be the least of my worries.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Boris Johnson will make it to Downing St despite road blocks?

If he gets there will he be able to bulldoze brexit through somehow?

He making news in Oz nightly or the whole brexit deal , new pm deal, break from nightly serve of trump headlines.

Character. shit disturber , politically incorrect , wild private life, wild in his younger years, lots of fact fiction and grey stuff in between. Has lived life despite possibly being a "silver spoon" and very privileged.

Wicked sense of humour and quick wit. Read somewere he is the basil fawlty of british politics.

He loathes the french and they loathe him back, plus hes not real keen on rest of the europeans.

Think he got everything needed to be a PM lol.

Lots of my brexit voting freinds in UK are sick of it all still believe in brexit but seem to think it wont happen and everyone shall just carry on as per usual.

Braveheart might like to comment.
        Thanks for thinking of me but I can be of no help. Our patriarch side is 5 generations out of Scotland leaving Kincardine-by-the-Sea, Aberedeenshire for Canada. The Clearances were hard on us as our clan was closely aligned with Cluny McPherson, Bonnie Prince Charle's general.

Comment

I think that's awesome you can trace back that far.
          Some surname changes along the way and it's clear as mud here lol.

Comment

As for Boris - complete jackass, unfit to lead the country but it's increasingly the type people are electing around the world. No idea how he will affect Brexit but if he is in power that would be the least of my worries. Reply With Quote

Agree with grass but hes got a cracking sharp wit. The brits scots irish have the best humour ever not sure if you canadian guys ever get or got "black adder" "fawlty towers" "young ones" "life of brian" "monty python and the holy grail""not the nine oclock news"

Comment

I hear Stephen Harper and Rona Ambrose are heading to the UK to help,with Brexit plans as consultants.

Comment

Funny they never asked numbnuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                  I hear Stephen Harper and Rona Ambrose are heading to the UK to help,with Brexit plans as consultants.
                  Pity Ambrose wasn't doing Sheer's job - I think she'd be a better prospect. I don't think either of them will help their credibility associating themselves with Boris, he's a nut job.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                    Thanks for thinking of me but I can be of no help. Our patriarch side is 5 generations out of Scotland leaving Kincardine-by-the-Sea, Aberedeenshire for Canada. The Clearances were hard on us as our clan was closely aligned with Cluny McPherson, Bonnie Prince Charle's general.
                    Cool that’s where I traced my lineage back as well but they stopped over in Ireland for awhile before hitting up Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      Pity Ambrose wasn't doing Sheer's job - I think she'd be a better prospect. I don't think either of them will help their credibility associating themselves with Boris, he's a nut job.
                      Couldnt agree more on rona ambrose but i dont think she wanted the abuse
                      Even mad max woulda been far better

Comment

After watching 5 videos, I would take him over boy blunder 5 times over. (Boris)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...