• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fungicide

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungicide

Rumor has it west of Saskatoon guys are spraying Trivapro Fungicide like crazy on Wheat. I can see some leaf disease but not worth spraying.

I have no idea what their crops look like and whether it warrants a fungicide, but protecting the flag leaf is our top priority when it turns wet and disease shows up. Don’t take long to splash up if conditions are right. Quite a big hit in yield between a healthy flag and unhealthy one.

Comment

Ummm , west of Stoon was in major drought until 12-14 days ago .
      What at 18 in tall needs fungicide???
      I guess maybe

Comment

There is limit on how much you can spend on a dud crop. Everyone keep on adding and it will be a bumper, my agronomist said so🙄.

Comment

Some areas or crops may justify it but I know west of Stoon was incredibly dry for very long time is all

Comment

Posted without permission from Billy Bob of Clubroot Acres.

Dishonorable mention and shout out to him!

Comment

Are you even a real farmer if you don't spend your entire summer in the seat of a high clearance sprayer?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                Are you even a real farmer if you don't spend your entire summer in the seat of a high clearance sprayer?
                Ha ha drive the sprayer!
                The “boys” are spraying. Farmer is at the lake now.

Comment

Natures fungicide on 18 in tall hrsw here ......

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Ummm , west of Stoon was in major drought until 12-14 days ago .
                    What at 18 in tall needs fungicide???
                    I guess maybe
                    Something doesn’t add up.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                      Something doesn’t add up.
                      Most guys spray soft white wheat 🌾regardless , so that could it .
                      Or possibly barley
                      I know I am not gettin caught up to load er up and giver with all of it lol

Comment

After 2 dryish years with pretty much zero disease, chances for infection should be less.

Wheat potential is severely capped here. Not throwing the kitchen sink at it anyway

Comment

Talk around here next week guys will be full retard on fungicide next week. Crops lush and starting to head by then.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            Talk around here next week guys will be full retard on fungicide next week. Crops lush and starting to head by then.
                            Ya been through there , much different than here . Earlier rains made a huge difference

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F093EDD7-7E1A-4FE4-A0A4-84319D7E974F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	767434

Always protect the flag. But if it wouldn’t have rained three weeks ago we would do nothing. Shit can be saved.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...