• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warranty on Ag Equipment is garbage and getting worse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warranty on Ag Equipment is garbage and getting worse

Ive had three experiences in the last couple months that has me totally pissed with the shitty warranty coverage on equipment
    Bought a new Brandt heavy harrow couple falls ago. Didn’t use it that fall, a bit the next spring and a few teeth missing their carbides. Fine, take them off, back to dealer, take new ones home and put on. Use the harrow this spring, and nine more teeth with no carbide. Well, after some effort, sounds like they will supply 9 new teeth if I change them. They have a new process for putting the carbides on, yet no recall, no offer to replace the other 200, so much for the $10k carbide option. In 5 years, all the carbides will be gone.
    Bought a new hyd sprayer pump May 17 last year. On May 13 this year, pump quits. Motor locked up. So good, four days before the end of the Ace warranty. Well, no, the dealer has to send the pump to Tennessee to see if it ‘qualifies ‘ for warranty...huh? Less than a year old and it’s supposed to run, and it doesn’t. Had to buy a new one and still haven’t heard if getting warranty.
    And the Bourgault drill. Second season. Overall, pretty happy with it - have to be at 1/2 million price tag. But this year, a couple cotter pins wore off on the pins that are in each end of the depth cylinder on each opener. So there’s 160 of them on the machine. Got looking and at least 10 were worn and almost lost in the field. This is on a near new machine. Bourgault has no good answer. Turn the pins around so they wear the other way, they said. I said don’t think I should be having to do anything on such a new, expensive machine. We need a better solution. Still waiting on a call back from them.
    It’s just not right. The cost of this stuff, so much is either not field tested, or just poorly made, and then it’s a struggle to get warranty. Even warranty for the parts if one is willing to do the labor.
    A $600k combine should have 5 year pickup to chopper warranty-not one year.
    Just getting so tired of buying this expensive stuff that doesn’t last or was was poorly made.
    What to do...

1-800-rbauction.

Land and all.

Comment

Roll back 25 years, keep the GPS. Buy 2 sets of those big combination wrenches, 24,36 and 48 inch pipe wrenches, 20 crescent wrenches of various sizes, a couple of lining (?) bars, some big mother bitchin’ hammers, old railway ties for blocks, Milwaukee cordless impact and drill, double sets of 6 to 20 ton hydraulic jacks. ‘Dats about it Forrest. 🙂
      Welfare farmers tool kit.

Comment

Had a 9895 massey combine that burned around 50 liters of engine oil per season (between 150-200 hours) due to the engine getting dusted from a poor weld on the pipe from engine air filter to turbo. (Agco manufactured part) Agco rep said that the engine still met CAT specs for oil consumption so they weren't going to do anything about it. And they didn't. I still have the pipe in the shop to remind me never to buy ANYTHING agco ever again.
        Last edited by flea beetle; Jun 25, 2019, 23:38.

Comment

In the mean time, automobiles have recalls years after they're sold, as do some other consumer goods.....but farmers are SUPPOSED to pay big and swallow hard.

No sense refining anything, NO TIME, before the next new model is released.

Don't you just love being the MachineCos R&D's guinea pigs? ....and pay for it in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
            Had a 9895 massey combine that burned around 50 liters of engine oil per season (between 150-200 hours) due to the engine getting dusted from a poor weld on the pipe from engine air filter to turbo. (Agco manufactured part) Agco rep said that the engine still met CAT specs for oil consumption so they weren't going to do anything about it. And they didn't. I still have the pipe in the shop to remind me never to buy ANYTHING agco ever again.
            Hmmmm, we had the exact same thing happen ...

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Thats where the dust was getting in hmmm. I changed oil 3 times in 100 hrs.

Comment

Why buy new? It all needs redesign, tweaking and repair within a couple years anyway. Paying for a warranty that is almost useless with too much fine print.

Comment

And I bet "You were the only one"?

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                    And I bet "You were the only one"?
                    Lol at first yup ..... until we seen 4 others in the shop for the same thing then asked questions and then kinda ya we have an issue
                    Not cool to lie to customers... we quit dealing their even though this issue got fixed .

Comment

Lol at first yup ..... until we seen 4 others in the shop for the same thing then asked questions and then kinda ya we have an issue
                      Not cool to lie to customers... we quit dealing their even though this issue got fixed .
                      Well the next dealer might be same reply, never saw that before...heard same

Comment

I do really like the Bourgault drill. It’s my third one, and they used to be really good about warranty. Why that has deteriorated? Gerry wants to retire and hasn’t saved up enough?
                        I don’t know if other consumer items have equal lack of customer respect. Had better service buying glasses in Mexico than what some of the dealerships give after spending $1 mil

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                          Roll back 25 years, keep the GPS. Buy 2 sets of those big combination wrenches, 24,36 and 48 inch pipe wrenches, 20 crescent wrenches of various sizes, a couple of lining (?) bars, some big mother bitchin’ hammers, old railway ties for blocks, Milwaukee cordless impact and drill, double sets of 6 to 20 ton hydraulic jacks. ‘Dats about it Forrest. 🙂
                          Welfare farmers tool kit.
                          We also require welders, torch, parts/donor machines, neighbour with a lathe, and a good sense of humour too. 😉Ritchie’s and kijiji is where we go shopping. Warranty procedures............ inspect before buying otherwise kick your own a$$ when something piles up. 🍀

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                            We also require welders, torch, parts/donor machines, neighbour with a lathe, and a good sense of humour too. 😉Ritchie’s and kijiji is where we go shopping. Warranty procedures............ inspect before buying otherwise kick your own a$$ when something piles up. 🍀
                            Ritchie’s!!?? That is for the wealthy. We shop at UKRAINETZ my friend. And yes, kijiji. We don’t know what warranty means??? Well I did have that toaster I bought new in 98...

Comment

Rick Swistun and Bob Boelsen

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...