• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it is the 20th I should have remembered that because years ago we use to custom seed for a guy and get the call about the 16th panic mode seed oats and go hard.

Good money.

My comments are the grain companies will have a hay day on this crop.

Oh my, look its a green shrivelled kernel. #3 but its 16% protein so sad so sorry. Or two green is frozen kernels and it's nice to read wheat that they call feed.

Malt ha hahahahahahahaah they will F#$K up that in a heartbeat.

Light green oats you have sir so sorry.

Green canola seed.

Oh, it's such a game.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Probably one of the stupidest things I have ever done, financially.
      In my opinion , fixing up an old car is not stupid at all. There is a chance you will get your money back out of it one day. Buy a $500,000 piece of machinery that's used for one month per year and whats it worth in 10 years?

I've got two Ford Galaxies and at least I know where my $ went when I go out to the garage to work on them. I farm/ ranch to make a living for my family , but my hobby is old cars , and I watch what I spend on them , but they give me a better return than my RRSPs have! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
        In my opinion , fixing up an old car is not stupid at all. There is a chance you will get your money back out of it one day. Buy a $500,000 piece of machinery that's used for one month per year and whats it worth in 10 years?

I've got two Ford Galaxies and at least I know where my $ went when I go out to the garage to work on them. I farm/ ranch to make a living for my family , but my hobby is old cars , and I watch what I spend on them , but they give me a better return than my RRSPs have! LOL.
        Agree on the machinery ... but it’s near worth 1/2 in 3 years ... that’s the shocker now at 5,6,or 700,000

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Agree on the machinery ... but it’s near worth 1/2 in 3 years ... that’s the shocker now at 5,6,or 700,000
          Trick is don't flip to new every two or three years( unless you're on that "treadmill"). You know the new iron is going to depreciate big "time". TIME is the key word. Use up some of that premature depreciation by keeping it much longer but not too long that you lose too much value when you want to get rid of it.

I hope the days of lining up useless unwanted machinery on the fencelines or beside bushes are over on this farm....maybe it can't happen because we have neither fences or bushes....lol.

Everyone should manage their operations how it best suits their needs, wants and finances....to each their own.

If nobody bought new equipment the cycle wouldn't work. It is what it is.

ps, again, thanks for the encouragement Galaxy.

Comment

You need always some to buy new to have inventory for use. The stupid thing was the whole farm model of multiples. They F#$Ked it up and now we all pay.

Oh, buy your grain bins because Monday the flood gates are going to open as guys now have a crop and are going to order and build. I'm not shitting you that is what I got told.

One rain isn't going to make a huge crop it will give us something that might look like feed or a crop it's still 50/50 but the bumper has left western Canada.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...