• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

basagran kill wild buckwheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll let you stew on that

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
      Lame attempt at redeeming yourself
      Reread the OP
      Tread carefully.....

Comment

And what about poorboy's quote of your original post? Keep sweating on the treadmill

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
          And what about poorboy's quote of your original post? Keep sweating on the treadmill
          Reread again .... 1 lt / 15 gal water
          Never ever said 1 lt/ac .....
          I edited the original to what I intended at first
          Tread carefully....
          now stop being a troll and drop the circus act.

Comment

Furrow never did state a liter PER acre.

Comment

Anyone who sprays pesticides anywhere is off label on headland overlap. Its the nature of application. It is a fact that labels are designed to do what they say they will within a safe rate for crop tolerance, lower than what the crop can actually tolerate. Labels protect the ChemCo! PMRA says there has to be one. So they have to make one with guidelines.

Give it a rest Austranada.

Comment

I do not usually comment on personalities.
                But Austrada, get a life.
                Or get laid , or something.
                Check my spelling , something.

Because whatever your cause is
                Your not doing it any good , this way.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  Poorboy,
                  Please remember to use plenty of UAN or ammonium sulphate with the solo or pursuit basagran /viper application. A 15% reduction in solo... brought back up with a 10% rate pursuit will give another couple of weeks residual control... be sure to get the same Basagran formulation to add in, as is in the viper... if varying these % in the mix. Pursuit solo is odyssey...Viper is by far the least expensive way to buy Basagran.
                  We found over the years, a little pursuit in the viper with less solo... with the basagran... had less crop yellowing after application.
                  Cheers
                  Hmmmm ... that’s off label and Aussie not throwing legal jargon at you ..... interesting thread

Comment

Thanks to most everyone for the help.

Hoping to get the basagran sprayed today. Nice to know that it might actually work. Almost zero knowledge or experience with it here.

Don’t worry, I plan to read the label and spray the correct rate. Will even try to use 20/ac water.

Sure is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                      Thanks to most everyone for the help.

Hoping to get the basagran sprayed today. Nice to know that it might actually work. Almost zero knowledge or experience with it here.

Don’t worry, I plan to read the label and spray the correct rate. Will even try to use 20/ac water.

Sure is expensive.
                      Basagran by itself is amazingly crop safe even when we needed Canada thistle control in peas just flowering. UAN or Ammonium Sulfate increases the effectiveness on the weeds so full rate isn't needed for good weed control. Basagran is a contact herbicide... so plenty of H2O is great... but have applied with sprayAir at 2gpa and no crop damage while great weed kill. Good coverage with no dust is ideal no matter the application system... can't beat spot application on pea fields late to kill thistles patches... then high rate really cooks the weed patches... peas stubble almost as good as S.F. with pre harvest glyphos.. more N and great tilth!

Comment

I assume that Basagran is like Liberty in that it needs a nice warm sunny day the day you spray and another nice sunny day the next day? Can't seem to get that here.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                          I assume that Basagran is like Liberty in that it needs a nice warm sunny day the day you spray and another nice sunny day the next day? Can't seem to get that here.
                          Yes , performs better when warm , sunny

Comment

Tom, Spray Air? We just about got run out of the country when we used a Spray Air sprayer. But we liked it, our neighbours not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              Tom, Spray Air? We just about got run out of the country when we used a Spray Air sprayer. But we liked it, our neighbours not so much.
                              I invented my own nozzle airfoils that stopped majority of drift issues. Basagran is used on many vegetable crops... so found to be amazingly crop safe. poor growing conditions do hamper weed control.

Comment

Frustrating part is , it’s a $5 herbicide.... that they charge $20 plus for .
                                Proof by that fact you can by generic viper still that is a co pack with solo separate from the Basagran.... Basagran is worth $6.30 /ac in that pack ...
                                but on its own it’s a bizarre price .

BASF should offer a respray option if you use viper or Odyssey and have to respray due to conditions..... should be no different than canola seed reseed policy
                                If you use their product and you need to respray .... $5 for the Basagran. It would go a long long way to repair their reputation for crop injury and poor performance on weed control at times.
                                It simply would be the right thing to do
                                Otherwise they stick the producer right up the ass full retail for Basagran for a total cost on Peas at over $45 / ac ....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...