• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Progress show and how the City of Regina and Exhibition Ass. Destroyed it.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    The rodeo and wagon races went to a purely invite format a while back. They pick whom they think will draw the best and won’t cause problems. It’s so canned to a trained eye. Glad we got out before this went down.
    Didnt know that, but makes sense now I think about it. Were you into wagons or rodeo?

I was likely there for 30 yrs straight with various livestock, lots of good memories, has been quite a few years now since we've went. Still feels like Stampede week is a farming "season" like calving, seeding, haying or whatever.

Comment

FPS reminds me of when we go to the pasture to bring home the cattle. One big cluster **** at the corrals. Only difference is I don’t charge admission through the gates. Anything worth checking out or seeing now days I can do on my phone.

Comment

I quit going to fps a while ago. Tired of paying for high pressure sales tactics. Most are bs.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
          Didnt know that, but makes sense now I think about it. Were you into wagons or rodeo?

I was likely there for 30 yrs straight with various livestock, lots of good memories, has been quite a few years now since we've went. Still feels like Stampede week is a farming "season" like calving, seeding, haying or whatever.
          Was around wagons all my life. Dad raced for 35 years. I attempted it for a few years. Definitely wasn’t champion material lol. He retired at Calgary. Was the best day.

Comment

New info the plan is no machinery at all in two years all flyers and pamphlets and that’s it. F$&king morons. No clue farmers like to touch and crawl on iron. Again the Regina group has no idea. It’s done.

Comment

This isn’t a farm show

Comment

If that's the case ...do you think there will be parking ?????

Seems like more people in booths and evraz place employees than people to look at stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  This isn’t a farm show
                  No you’re right, that’s a guy drinking a booster juice....

Comment

To derail this thread some. A lot of the big livestock shows at one time like Calgary and Edmonton are on the way out. Our local exhibition has taken up the slack some. Exhibitors are more than happy to come here over the big places. Even community bull sales are near done. Calgary and lloydminster had some of the largest in Canada but now there are large ranches with bigger sales. It’s a sign of the times but if your exhibitions are out of touch with reality or behind times things fail. Some exhibition boards are top notch and keep shit going. Can’t knock Calgary for keeping the spectacle going this long. But it’s just that; a 10 day pissup for foreigners and townies to be cowboys. Not to knock Regina but that’s the place time forgot. The paddock bar was a lovely place.

Comment

Getting rid of the antique tractors. What a bunch of garbage. What exactly will they have there?

Comment

It pisses me off that regina always F@#ks up everything. Stupid people who have no clue. Farmers want to touch equipment and crawl over it ,not look at a brochure. I can do that at home and will go to other shows with my dollar.

Shit is changing but again Regina exhibitions association doesn’t get farming. It’s not shamwow show let’s buy a mop.

Morons

Comment

Hey guys, if Farm Progress Show brings rain, let’s move the show back about 3 weeks. 💡

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...