• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is this rain to you....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on inch #3 here east of Edmonton since yesterday noon. Crops now drowning. Anybody needing rain can suck it off my fields. #Flooding 2019

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      Working on inch #3 here east of Edmonton since yesterday noon. Crops now drowning. Anybody needing rain can suck it off my fields. #Flooding 2019
      1.75 inches here i would gladly take another inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Cut off line has been 2 miles south of our yard..
        That's damn tough to watch. Was in a similar position in a previous drought - rain never came north of a road a couple of miles south of us most of the summer. Hopefully it changes for you ASAP.

Comment

Finally squeezed out 5.5 tenths over the last 24 hrs. Biggest rain this season. Will keep us going for a while but still lots of bushels gone that cannot be made up. It's going to be very interesting to watch what goes on in the canola fields. Will they catch up in time? Your guess is as good as mine. Heard of one fellow today who had reseeded 500 acres of wheat that had headed out already. He got some rain last week and started over on those acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            Cut off line has been 2 miles south of our yard..
            There’s lots of moisture around. Good chance the next few days will get to you. Here’s hoping.🍀

Comment

Probably working on pushing 2” since Tuesday with the pour coming down right now.

Just south of me towards Acme I think they’re at 4.5” since Tuesday. 3” of that since last night! Definitely wouldn’t have minded it spread out a bit more... low spots are back to being waterlogged now.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                We had the same STUCK WEATHER here in50s, 70s and lately 2007, 2010, NOT CLIMATE change, has happened many times over thousands of years no doubt!

Comment

Feeling like we won the lottery here south of Biggar, have some heavy land but I don’t think we have any pooling or sloughs. Some of our land had only received around 3 or 4 tenths before this so it was a life saver. Went by your place yesterday, the 20th, SKF, raining hard there but your area needed a rain bad also. Just north of Rosetown got close to an inch 3 weeks ago and they probably had the best crops on our trip which went from here to Regina, Ft qu’appelle, Wadena,SASKATOON and home.

Comment

Filling in the blanks..
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	CASRA 24 hr 622 1200utc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	767406

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                      Filling in the blanks..
                      [ATTACH]4423[/ATTACH]
                      Crop saved!! Grain prices limit down everyday next week!!!!

Hahaha.

Comment

Finally came north, 1.4" in two days, slow soaking, perfect start but a MONTH late germination. High risk in September? Varies widely all around here.

Comment

0.30", in two showers on wednesday. Think the biggest shower we've had so far this growing season is 0.21"?

Name:	no diving.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	767410

Suprisingly crops are still hanging in. Mustard is finally germinated.

Name:	homer rain.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	767409

Comment

But then, my version of a crop that's still hanging on is a little different than most...

Name:	.3 inch.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	767411

Comment

Looking at 7-Day forecast, now predicting 29 degrees by next weekend. There could be some thunder-boomers come out of that with the moisture around here.

Comment

Now chance of rain EVERYDAY! What took so long to CHANGE the CLIMATE?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...