• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell The Cows

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to say something stupid about hands but then I got to thinking, “now there’s a word with a lot of meanings and connotations”. Hand-out, Hand-off, Hands-free, warm hand, no-hands, give a hand, etc. Just saying, how many handy phrases come to your mind?

This kind of garbage gets my mind off of missing the rain - again.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
      Just tried to make 2 boxes of Kraft Dinner in a row. Figured I put too much salt in the first round and buggered the pasta to mush. No salt 2nd time and pasta still quickly turned to shit. Go online and find out that Kraft's big decision to go all natural and no more artificial in their KD has completely ruined the product. Go on KD Facebook page and people are furious and dumping KD in the garbage. I have two cases in the house and both are going in the garbage. Kraft destroyed an entire product by trying to go healthy and green. People don't eat KD because it's healthy...
      Did you find the "cheese" also tastes like soap? My kids hardly can handle it anymore. Last case we are buying, especially now that I now know the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
        Just tried to make 2 boxes of Kraft Dinner in a row. Figured I put too much salt in the first round and buggered the pasta to mush. No salt 2nd time and pasta still quickly turned to shit. Go online and find out that Kraft's big decision to go all natural and no more artificial in their KD has completely ruined the product. Go on KD Facebook page and people are furious and dumping KD in the garbage. I have two cases in the house and both are going in the garbage. Kraft destroyed an entire product by trying to go healthy and green. People don't eat KD because it's healthy...
        It's garbage food to start with, here is something that is a small step above.

Boil elbow macaroni. Drain. In the same pot melt cheese whiz and real butter. Mix those two together. Add as much butter as you want to make it it as rich as you want, same with the cheese whiz...add as much as you want.

We don't eat KD, BUT this may Not be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Boil elbow macaroni. Drain. In the same pot melt cheese whiz and real butter. Mix those two together. Add as much butter as you want to make it it as rich as you want, same with the cheese whiz...add as much as you want.

What's with the cheese whiz? We always made it by the method you describe with real cheese growing up in Scotland. Was way better and I'm sure way healthier.

Saw a post of FB today complaining that the "beyond burgers" were in the meat isle of the supermarket. The fake burgers were priced at $42/kg with the ground beef beside them at $8.80/kg surely that'll influence demand for the imposter?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            Did you find the "cheese" also tastes like soap? My kids hardly can handle it anymore. Last case we are buying, especially now that I now know the reason.
            Yes, it leaves a crappy aftertaste. Lots on Facebook refer to it as a soap taste. Used to be yellow food dye, tartrazine, in the mix and was switched out for turmeric powder to make it 'healthier'.

Apparently the President's Choice version is pretty good and the cheap-as-borscht yellow and black No Name box is supposed to be almost exact to original KD. Also the US version was not changed. So I have other options in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

I have tried making mac and cheese the traditional way from scratch and also using better cheese spreads like Velvetta. Just about make me gag. That is why I am careful not to say I am a mac n cheese fan, but a KD fan. You find a lot of people the same way surprisingly.

If I want to eat healthy I'll chew on a head of iceberg lettuce while playing Russian roulette with myself. To bad others wouldn't try such things before changing the world's menu options.

Comment

When you have to go to multiple processes to make a substitute to a beef burger it can’t be that good for you. Remember a fellow who was on a biblical diet. That would definitely not follow that scheme. Even though I am not religious in any way it made sense. The less processed the better for you.

Comment

From the look of those labels, it appears your trading meat for salt. yuk!

Comment

We’ll be eating tried and true real meat and real butter here for awhile yet.
                    How are they going to replicate that beautiful 12 ounce T-Bone with peas? Now there’s a challenge!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...