• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up to $100,000.00 fine and 6 months in jail...for Tom Jackson,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    Tom4$$$4Tom

This sounds a lot like the court battle you had with the railways a couple of years ago. The details are as clear as mud!

Your lawyers must love you, now I understand why your in favor of the Seed Tax, those legal fees add up fast!

For a so called man of great faith, you sure seem to be consumed with conflict!
    Well Hopefully this will build my faith..
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 12, 2019, 01:29.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
      I say let them inspect the room like they offered. Then fight the issue with the neighbors seperately. They are only talked about at the same time because you want them to be.
      LEP, I did let Flagstaff County inspect my Farm Shop...
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 12, 2019, 01:30.

Comment

Jesus FC, just write it out in conversational english. Nobody needs 18 character documentation references in a simple god dam story. Just tell the ****ing story. No wonder you have problems, I would sue you for this thread if i could.

Comment

First if they continue to pursue legal take many photos of the interior of your building. Present them to the judge. They will have to defend why they have reason to believe that you would make living quarters there.

Include a layout with dimensions if that helps your case.

Next the poles being stored should be an environmental issue, perhaps not. But maybe the department of environment needs to know about it.

Municipal planning department might be able to help you with whether that is a permitted use and if there needs to be setbacks or buffers from residences.

But just a word of advice, don't mix two issues when you deal with these things. No one wants to hear you bring up what they consider unrelated stuff. Perhaps organize your thoughts in a clear concise manner so that it is easy for them to see the point you are making.

Comment

Honestly I don't feel we have the whole story here or maybe you're linking two unrelated issues, but I can comment on the building aspect. If what you're saying is correct, it sounds like Flagstaff County is misinterpreting the code (intentionally in a worst case scenario, unintentionally if you give them the benefit of the doubt). Ultimately they are the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) but you might find some professional expertise countering their opinion through municipal affairs, the government wing that is responsible for how the code is interpreted. You can contact them, explain the situation and ask for clarification on how your building should be classified, and what you should do if you disagree with the building inspector. Or does the appeal on Jun 26th involve them?

I'm not entirely sure how the process goes as I've never done it before but that's where I'd start if I felt the code was being applied incorrectly.

Thttp://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/cp_building

Is the building inspector a direct employee of Flagstaff County? Or contracted? Many smaller municipalities in Alberta contract out their inspection services to either Inspections Group or Superior Safety Codes, there's a third one whose name I can't recall. If the inspector who changed his mind is in one of those groups, you could also go up the food chain there to dispute the interpretation. Though the CAO offered to come inspect and you sidestepped that offer so I'm not sure it's a quick, easy resolution that you want.
            Last edited by Marusko; Jun 14, 2019, 09:39.

Comment

Did Liz Taylor not get divorced 3 or 4 times ??? Always someone else’s fault .
              Funny how problems tend to follow certain people 🤔

Comment

So the bottom line is, the county found out of your plans to house illegal, underpaid workers in your machine shop? Jesus wont be happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  So the bottom line is, the county found out of your plans to house illegal, underpaid workers in your machine shop? Jesus wont be happy about that.
                  Bahahaha, 😂

Comment

Housing illegals, are we? Some inspectors are anal. I would think a work shop is a work shop even if you only put machinery in there spring and fall. I know of a horse barn with a rental suite on top floor - so what, does that make the riding accademy a rental suite? Geez!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      Housing illegals, are we? Some inspectors are anal. I would think a work shop is a work shop even if you only put machinery in there spring and fall. I know of a horse barn with a rental suite on top floor - so what, does that make the riding accademy a rental suite? Geez!
                      Thx sumdumguy... the only 'occupants' in my farm shop... are the cats on paw patrol.
                      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 12, 2019, 01:31.

Comment

Sounds like someone with some pull has a bone to pick
                        Maybe it’s time to pick bones!

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                          Sounds like someone with some pull has a bone to pick
                          Maybe it’s time to pick bones!
                          TSIPP... No building permit was required Cheers!
                          Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 12, 2019, 01:33.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...