• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husky fined $3.8M for 2016 oil spill into North Saskatchewan River

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show what you know about pipelines. Anything under water course is a much higher grade and wall thickness than over regular land. They are inspected annually and corrosion pit data is recorded and analyzed and submitted to regulators. These are usually bored well under the river bed so external visual inspection is impossible. They could lay them in the river bed with weights so divers can see it but the fishys dont like that the govt tells us.

What more do you want them to do. There are no sure things in this world, unless you work for the Canadian govt.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Pipelines that cross rivers should be bulletproof and have numerous backup prevention system in place.

If you are profitable enough like integrated oil companies such as Husky are, then do it right or step aside.

Water pollution by oil companies or cities releasing raw sewage is unacceptable - end of story. Do it right or step aside. The world is not ours alone to shit in and on.

We are rich enough to do it right in this country. But many taxpayers want all the services, infrastructure and advantages but don't want to pay for it or take care of our natural resources.

Those who shit in their own water lead a short and shitty life.
      Agree 💯 with your last statement
      Don’t have to go far from NB to see that first hand

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        I know the crew that run private river boats the past two years .
        They found virtually nothing anywhere up and down the river from west of here to PA.
        They watched every hr they inspected that river .
        Not defending Husky but why the cry 😢 for more of a lawsuit ??? All that will do is jack up the price of gas at the pump .
        I get it chuck , you hate big oil .... but I am guessing if one of those steam plants was on you land with mineral rights .... we would not hear boo from you.
        he is longing for the wheat board

Comment

The fact that we can never meet any emmision target without the discovery of an alternative energy source, chaps his ass so bad he just can't give an inch.
          Yup cwb I guess.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...