• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberal Bills

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    If I could like that one a thousand times lol.
    And for some unknown reason, he hasn't responded to it yet. But I'm sure it's not because he has never done any of those things... No doubt destroying farmers livelihood While working for the CWB was equally strenuous

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      Ya, we won the geology lottery.
      But lost the geography lottery.
      Had we lost the war of 1812.
      The politics and the railroads on this continent would flow like the water. North and South.
      And they will probably sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        And for some unknown reason, he hasn't responded to it yet. But I'm sure it's not because he has never done any of those things... No doubt destroying farmers livelihood While working for the CWB was equally strenuous
        Just like most of your posts a lot of speculation and no evidence to backup your statements. LOL
        I didn’t work in the oil patch. Farming is too profitable and a whole lot more fun. And you get to watch your kids grow up and take part in their activities.

The oil jobs are great money but the transient nature and lack of job security sucks during the boom and busts.

Word has it some managers in the patch want kickbacks and a lot of asskissing if you want to keep your job. That sounds fun!

We need the oil jobs but we also need to start planning for a low carbon economy as the oil industry is going to wind down over the decades. Harper said by 2100 we wouldn’t be using fossil energy sources. That’s only 80 years away. 1 lifetime if you are born now.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Harper said by 2100 we wouldn’t be using fossil energy sources. That’s only 80 years away. 1 lifetime if you are born now.
          So we are only about half way in the age of oil. Luduc strike was in 1946. Many older fields in the world are starting to decline including SA.

When 3 billion more people are stumbling around, solar and wind cant do it and fusion still 20 yrs away and we still aren't building nuke reactors and dictator oil fails like Venezuela. Alberta has an opportunity to really rack up some cash in the middle of the century when we find that out the hard way. I actually see better chances of a super boom than a dwindling industry.

But chuck can condemn the world to energy poverty if he likes.
          Last edited by jazz; Jun 16, 2019, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Just like most of your posts a lot of speculation and no evidence to backup your statements. LOL
            I didn’t work in the oil patch. Farming is too profitable and a whole lot more fun. And you get to watch your kids grow up and take part in their activities.

The oil jobs are great money but the transient nature and lack of job security sucks during the boom and busts.

Word has it some managers in the patch want kickbacks and a lot of asskissing if you want to keep your job. That sounds fun!

We need the oil jobs but we also need to start planning for a low carbon economy as the oil industry is going to wind down over the decades. Harper said by 2100 we wouldn’t be using fossil energy sources. That’s only 80 years away. 1 lifetime if you are born now.
            You need to keep track of whose side you are on, in the previous post you were mad at Albertans because of they all took the easy road to riches thanks to good luck, now its less profitable than farming, less fun, you miss being home and enjoying your family, transient, no job security, etc. So why are you bitter about energy sector employees? It seems that you actually do understand, and agreed with my previous post about the nature of the work. Perhaps you can't keep track of which username you are logged in under, and ended up arguing with yourself unintentionally?

And for the record, I haven't done any of the jobs I listed either, I've spent my time on the periphery. There is a very good reason they need to pay those poor folks as much as they do to attract enough talent. There is no grand conspiracy, just a less than glamorous reality.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
              Yep. I am starting to hope that Dufus gets back in as well. With the number of Conservative premiers we have now, I can almost taste the glory of separation. Meeting with premiers in 2nd term would probably end in a fist fight. Cut it up 3 or 4 ways and let the chips fall where they will.
              If conservatives get in federally separation will be all silent Conservative premiers will quit bitching and the feds will go into hibernation.Wall was going to challenge the government for a better deal and Harper told him the conservatives needed the Quebec vote.So Wall backed off.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                If conservatives get in federally separation will be all silent Conservative premiers will quit bitching and the feds will go into hibernation.Wall was going to challenge the government for a better deal and Harper told him the conservatives needed the Quebec vote.So Wall backed off.
                And that is what I am afraid of, and with every year that passes, our bargaining power both within confederation, and for joining an increasingly oil independent US erodes. Wasting another 4 years while vote buying in the ROC will be very bad. Go Trudeau!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Lol. Every candadian must see that video.

Comment

I hear he wants to put a cardboard box water park there in Ottawa 👍😆

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                          Lol. Every candadian must see that video.
                          if anyone hasn't saw it , you must see it now
                          i think he has lost it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            if anyone hasn't saw it , you must see it now
                            i think he has lost it
                            Butts was always in his ear or 3 ft away.

He's a puppet and the strings arn't near tight enough.

Comment

C-69 and C-48 rammed through by senate yesterday. Might be hard to repeal these without a clear conservative majority in the fall which looks uncertain. Kenny will launch a constitutional challenge but that could take a while to wring its way through and with liberal judges all over who knows the outcome.

But on other good news the UNDRiP bill died in this session.

How on earth does an inept corrupt organization like the UN weasle its way into a countries affairs? Only if we have weak leaders who let it in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...