• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain on the 15th????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Holy shit better let the market know quick
    Whether it comes or not is of no consequence
    Only that the f$&kheads predicted it
    What about all this frost all over
    Not much talk about that
    5 or 6 nights frost in june , you would think that might be newsworthy to an ag province suffering from global warming
    But as cluck cluck said , we dont matter
    A big area hit hard NE of here
    There will be no mention other than “light patchy frost in a small localized area” .
    Tell that to the guys that just lost most of their canola crop ....

Comment

Carbon tax ain’t going to fix this ..

Any guesses where we are in the cycle ??

Comment

I’m slated to get 105mm, next wk. Better get on building an arc.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
          I’m slated to get 105mm, next wk. Better get on building an arc.
          What a fn joke and no one ever holds them accountable

Comment

Some one check the spleen guy said dry up to next week I think nah couldn’t be right over a computer generated model

Comment

Or the other thing my leg with the pins in it is driving me nuts the last few days and really bad today is a storm on it’s way.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                I d like to know why none of our farm groups or politicians regard forecasting as important?
                Because it's hard to do? Farmers Almanac and Planalytics are cyclical based. Meaning they acknowledge the trend doesn't continue forever. A decent localized forecast that you can actually plan ahead with, 6 months ahead, costs roughly $1000/ month. Then you're still probably running on 80% hit rate. If they did gave something reasonably accurate publicly available, wouldn't it be expected govt does something ahead of time? It's not what you don't know that kills you, it's what you know for sure.

Comment

Let's hope the rain forecast is at least HALF right..
                  A half inch would not help much at this point..

Comment

Wouldn’t it wonderful to spend the weekend digging in culverts, wondering why they aren’t letting the water go. That’s what some farmers around here were doing last year July 1 weekend after 8 1/2 inches.

Comment

We are back in the game this morning! Weather Network has us at 20-25 mm for Friday and Enviro Canada put back the periods of rain on Saturday after removing it yesterday.

It changes so much why even waste time looking and most time you only end up disappointed.

Comment

Yup! Never had a rain forecast except for those 7 to 10 day WAGS. This one looks real. Seeding alfalfa tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                          We are back in the game this morning! Weather Network has us at 20-25 mm for Friday and Enviro Canada put back the periods of rain on Saturday after removing it yesterday.

It changes so much why even waste time looking and most time you only end up disappointed.
                          They took our rain away and gave it to you

Comment

Periods of rain sat..now only 60% chance of showers. 😢😢😢

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...