• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain

Well it looks like the rain event has all but disappeared for the weekend...after scouting some canola fields I dont think I will be worrying about the Chinese market next year because I won't have any to sell. Amazing how the cereals are trying to hang on but it is just a matter of time before they are screwed too. Wow 2019 is going to make 1988 look like a bumper year in this area...not good.

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
    Well it looks like the rain event has all but disappeared for the weekend...after scouting some canola fields I dont think I will be worrying about the Chinese market next year because I won't have any to sell. Amazing how the cereals are trying to hang on but it is just a matter of time before they are screwed too. Wow 2019 is going to make 1988 look like a bumper year in this area...not good.
    I know it’s no help but your not alone, it’s too late already for many crops if it does rain maybe reseeding to something else. Even if late
    Crop insurance should pay us out for this shitty crop and let us seed the next one fully insured.

Comment

This is beyond crop insurance now .....

If the public thinks this isn't going to hurt them as well, they are living in the same lala world as Trudeau and the political people in this country....all of them...conservative liberal ndp....none are making noise about this other than its a climate emergency. ...

The 1930s came and went. ...1988 cane and went....it's not a climate emergency .....it's a ****ing blocking ridge on the 49th parallel. ...

If their data about forest fires saving the crop is true ....then for insurance shouldn't they just let the fires burn....?????

Comment

Trying to figure out when/what/if to spray on barley if the time comes....yesterday I asked my retailer about cheaper alternatives like Achieve and MCPA or anything that can cut back some cost. I was told that no one uses that crap anymore and everyone uses Axial and Prestige...time for him to get out of his office...shit is getting real.

Comment

Trying to figure out when/what/if to spray on barley if the time comes....yesterday I asked my retailer about cheaper alternatives like Achieve and MCPA or anything that can cut back some cost. I was told that no one uses that crap anymore and everyone uses Axial and Prestige...time for him to get out of his office...shit is getting real.
          That *** head should be fired

Comment

We got 1/3 inch last night. Brings us around 2 inches since seeding began. Some areas are alright. Don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

Last year I called around looking for frontline, Mcpa, refine, banvel. Nope, no longer get these in. I couldn’t believe it. Guess no one scouts to see the actual needed herbicides any more, just throw on what the dealer says! Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                Last year I called around looking for frontline, Mcpa, refine, banvel. Nope, no longer get these in. I couldn’t believe it. Guess no one scouts to see the actual needed herbicides any more, just throw on what the dealer says! Crazy.
                thats how viper got its following , all talk , very little action in the field

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                  We got 1/3 inch last night. Brings us around 2 inches since seeding began. Some areas are alright. Don't shoot the messenger.
                  That's good to hear. Hope you can drop straw this fall. The cattle will need it.

Have now received one tenth of an inch since beginning of May in 3 separate events.
                  Some of our land would have got a bit more. Maybe as much as a quarter inch total.

Comment

We have had one tenth since the snow went. You can see traffic driving down the road from miles away because the dust raised looks like the smoke from a grass fire. Any crop that does emerge will get coated with dust which isn't great for things either.

This is the third year in a row for us with these conditions. The last two it rained eventually and we got a crop that yielded just above crop insurance guarantee levels. We have liquid fertilizer that we bought to top dress in crop in 2017 that will get carried over another year.

In these conditions a shower or two will make a big difference, we saw it where one end of the field is going 40+ lentils and the other barely 20.

Comment

Weather Networks throwing darts again...

Comment

I swear to god they just take turns every 6 hrs .

Comment

The absolute worst case scenario for the year 2020 is another moisture minority and a liberal majority, it would be doom on steroids for western Canada.

Comment

We went from a forecast of 20mm for the weekend down to 5-10mm now down to 1-2mm.

But then there is Enviro Canada! They don't give expected rain totals, They just say showers on Thursaday and Friday and Friday night they say periods of rain! Periods of rain can be anything or anything you want it to be.

Comment

4 Th year in a row begging for a rain this time of year while watching rains all around , although less this year but pattern remains , rain stays west .
                              I had a very short conversation with a grain buyer today when we asked to book wheat .... two words came out after I was told not to pass up the opportunity...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...