• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention western producer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our "farm paper" has a timely article on controlling fhb in wheat
    I'm thinking thats not gonna be a huge problem this year
    talk about being out of touch
    need an article asking where all our check off $ went , should of been working on drought resistant wheat?
    little tidbit for the fungicide makers(sponsors) , you won't shame many farmers into spending that kinda loot on this shit crop, might wanna save your advertising $
    think we will opt for the $2/ac stuff from trump land , or use sfa

Comment

Thanks Karen for the response.

I think a lot of us are frustrated feeling that what’s going on right at the farm level is not being told or explained. We don’t have many mechanisms to get our point across and we feel many of our farm groups and politicians have for various reasons no desire or cape ability of handling our problems.

I subscribe to your paper and find many good things in there. On the other hand can you tell us how we can get our frustration explained?

Agristability is not even a joke. The whole formula is wrong. 2/3 of farmers aren’t in it yet our politicians keep saying enrol. All groups admit it’s flawed and not working yet keep stating we have programs???Federation of agriculture said to increase margins to 85% which we had and it didn’t work. The people who had bunper crops have margins those that have had drought as I m sure flood also have no margin so can you ask those politicians how in the world that program will work with no margins that mean anything and why is it good that people who had great weather and now have one year bad will deserve a payout more than those that have had bad weather? Which proves the formula is out of touch. Not to mention waiting a year for a response many will have more interest payments than they will ever get out of that program by the time it gets to them.

If you can take a million dollar advance you maybe don’t need any other program just saying. Can you ask the politicians how a loan helps you deal with low prices caused by poor market deals?
      Why don’t politicians take a pay cut and then a loan when they screw up in the trade deals?

Farm lending doesn’t support family type farms but overdoes the large corporate outside entity situations going on. I think that’s very poor of our system.

Pst on what us farmers pay is a major hit to us. So is the carbon garbage. Can the politicians that are crying about the carbon tax be asked why if they think the carbon tax is crushing farmers why isn’t the pst?

Farm power bills are getting out of hand everyone I ask says the same thing.

Have you ever considered doing an in depth story on the land deals ag capital scam who knew the land laws were going to change before they did and went and bought land and with who’s money. And how that all turned into the input capital story. And why there are farmers into that why if there is capital for input that the normal lenders won’t offer loans at cheaper interest? Speaking of which why aren’t the interest laws looked at regarding input bills.

Better stop could go on and on.

The drought needs to be reported on seriously and real farmers need to be heard.
      Last edited by the big wheel; Jun 12, 2019, 05:29.

Comment

Before, at least we had the CWB doing regular crop reports and projections on media, and district agrologists who advised. So - who’s supposed to monitor the pulse of agriculture. We don’t even know who the ministers of agriculture are. Gotta google that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...