• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhh spray season ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh spray season ..

Spraying peas will be a challenge for some .... lite frost yesterday In areas .
    Only plus 5 or lower in many areas ...
    good luck with your rep .. lol
    By the way , these temps are below forecasted lows .... so how on earth does one time spraying certain snake 🐍 herbicides??? It’s near impossible

OH OH OH, I Know what happens the Viper, (I don't give a shit what the product is) Rep doesn't even know your name or how to get to your farm etc. Even now that they bought Liberty and we take 5000 acres he doesn't care.

Viper doesn't work any place near or close to plus 5 for 5 days either side.

But what do I know the area I didn't spray last year with the product was 3 ft tall and yielded like no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      OH OH OH, I Know what happens the Viper, (I don't give a shit what the product is) Rep doesn't even know your name or how to get to your farm etc. Even now that they bought Liberty and we take 5000 acres he doesn't care.

But what do I know the area I didn't spray last year with the product was 3 ft tall and yielded like no tomorrow.
      But it’s your fault the temperature dropped 4-5 degrees below any forecasted lows lol ..

Comment

Part of the problem is the stigma that one has to seed those peas early ... yup all the experts will tell you that
        Well that sets up this herbicide issue around this first week of June every time .... cool mornings and then staging / injury and performance issues.
        We backed off our seeding date for peas now by 7-10 days to avoid this situation

Comment

Park da sprayer, why paint da ground wit chemecals dat won’t wrk in dese condition.
          Dares no weeds, let dese retailers sit on dare expenseve sheet, dat we will just beach to da reps day didn’t work.
          Unless it rains save your cashola for a trip to Floreda to visit SKF.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Norac auto boom height controller is giving trouble any one service them in Sask ??
            Norac was bought out a year or two back by Topcon.
            Phone the 1-800 # and tell them to fly out a tech to install a new system.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Sprayers parked till she rains

Norac says send er to Ontario
              Switch the wire off the top of the sensor from one side to the other to test. Usually a broken wire from vibration.

Comment

In 1980, our entire crop was droughted out ( fall anhydroused) except for 180 acres of Laird Lentil seeded on SMF. ( You young pups probably don’t know what SMF is. 🙈 ) Anyway, that year we had to leave some for harvest and those acres never got sprayed. We were trying to clean up the weeds for years and really regretted not spraying everything that wasn’t a lentil.

Comment

Sprayed peas last night from about 7 to midnight,
                  Edge was applied in spring, was going to top off with Basagran in crop....until I priced it out...wow.
                  Opted for 1/3 rate Imazethapyr and 40 acre rate Poast. Poast was a bit of a waste of time.
                  Wanted to avoid the Imi's.
                  Let's see if it yellows them.....I left a tiny test patch.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

do not put that shit in the sprayer unless you have group 2 res. cleaver, even then i would hesitate
                    80 ac rate pursuit doesnt even fizz on peas and works good
                    not sure why everyone switched to that shit
                    what is it , around $20/ac ? generic pursuit is $4/ac at 80 ac rate
                    watched everyone bleach their peas with that shit last year and is a pisspoor chem to boot

Comment

BTW .... lows of plus 4 or lower Sunday / Monday ...... beware the 🐍

Comment

I have the tank full of viper let’s roll. It should kill the peas so nice.

Joking aside it’s a shit product that hurts your peas more than keeps them clean.

No support either.

The rep still won’t come visit a year later.

I guess the liberty canola means nothing.

Won’t spray till after this weekend rain event. Hahahahah

Comment

Just squirt it on and go to the lake. Don't look until the possibility of a fungicide app.

Comment

If the product doesn’t work the first time. Just spray it again. The sprayer is the most important machine on the farm, use the goddamn thing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...