• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yield being set ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yield being set ...

Winter wheat and very early cereal crops will be like the hay crops.

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Winter wheat and very early cereal crops will be like the hay crops.
    Still waiting for this fictional rain that's always a week away. Lentils, wheat, flax all up and looking for a drink. Canola, not sure it wants to come up. Sitting in mostly dust right now.

Comment

Swathers will be a premium this year ....me thinks it would be wise to upgrade....."go uptown"...as Billy Bob says

Comment

NW of Maple Creek where we farm spring crops look good , for now. Hay crops need a two inch rain ASAP, and according to Drew Lerner from what he said on a Real Agriculture interview , rain won't be coming real soon until the jetstream moves further north fom the US midwest. So do we buy hay for our cows now and hedge our bets? Any advice from anybody out there would be appreciated!

Comment

I think canola is going to be a disaster this year...odd one coming up....lots sitting in dust....with no rain in the forecast (well weather network says June 8 but who are we kidding)....it doesn't look good.

Comment

Lots of spraying going on here for Beatles, some reseeding started where there is moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              I think canola is going to be a disaster this year...odd one coming up....lots sitting in dust....with no rain in the forecast (well weather network says June 8 but who are we kidding)....it doesn't look good.
              Im about ready to delete the weather network app. Full of clickbait, "you won't believe what happened next" kind if shit articles, and aside from the next 3 days MAX, their forecast is horrid. Their 2 week forecast has had significant moisture in it for the last month and not a damn bit of it has materialized.

That aside, this heat has been, and is going to continue to stress anything green. Renovated pasture here is turning blue. Native rangeland is cooking out. Grass in the yard is dying.

As far as cow chow, pricing is going to go full retard if this continues.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                NW of Maple Creek where we farm spring crops look good , for now. Hay crops need a two inch rain ASAP, and according to Drew Lerner from what he said on a Real Agriculture interview , rain won't be coming real soon until the jetstream moves further north fom the US midwest. So do we buy hay for our cows now and hedge our bets? Any advice from anybody out there would be appreciated!
                First cut is done for, even if it rains. The brome, timothy, and other grasses around here have made their decision, its starting to building seed and not foliage.

Comment

I checked the long range forecast the only thing I see is a major shitstorm. Shit winds are blowing in.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    I checked the long range forecast the only thing I see is a major shitstorm. Shit winds are blowing in.
                    Shit winds are indeed blowing in... Yesterday was hot, but relatively calm. Today, we're looking at 80-85f with 15mph winds. Whole next week with the exception of a few days is 80+.

Flea beetles are thick like thieves. Opening salvo in the war is going to be fired just before noon today... I'm worried my pocketbook is going to run out before they weaken. But honest to god, I've never given up on a crop in May!

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Lots of spraying going on here for Beatles, some reseeding started where there is moisture.
                      Reseeding because of beetles or combination of everything?

Comment

What’s going to grow in reseed 2019

Comment

Are the guys spraying flea beetles because they bought untreated seed?

I don't grow much canola but I struggle with 80 dollar an acre seed and still having trouble with flea beetles...

Comment

Hey why don't we start a forest fire to save our crops?

Hasn't the smoke worked in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                              So do we buy hay for our cows now and hedge our bets? Any advice from anybody out there would be appreciated!
                              Is there anybody that has hay for sale just now?

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Hey why don't we start a forest fire to save our crops?
                              Hasn't the smoke worked in the past?
                              You're not getting that already? we are hazy here from the High Level fire.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...