• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Authority/Valterra results in other areas?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authority/Valterra results in other areas?

Anyone scouted their pea fields that applied either Valterra or Authority? I'm mighty pissed at the results I had this year. I can imagine that if I phone the rep, they'll tell me "snow" doesn't activate the chemical which needs RAIN, or some shit. I thought the conditions should have been pretty much ideal. Seeded, then sprayed it down, and first stuff had snow on it inside of 10 days, last stuff snow within 2 days. Then rolled after the snow.

Very patchy results. Kochia in many places seems to be unphased. Tons of Russian Thistle, Buckwheat, pigweed, and lamb's quarter. I know some of those weeds aren't on the label, but I was specifically targeting kochia, and it appears to have done SFA. Awful expensive experiment when I'm going to have to go back in with Viper anyway... Good thing mother nature is being conducive to a hummer of a crop this year to help with the added expense.

What are others seeing? Whats the excuse as to why it didnt work?
    Water volume possibly? We were ~9usgal rather than 10?
    too cool this spring/frost?
    water quality? We use treated town water.
    Improper moon phase?
    Wife not in the right mood at time of application?

You have covered most of the extra reasons as to why it wouldn't work....no sense in trying to make a complaint this year.....it will be drought stress or too cold....you/ we are so ****ed...

Comment

How dare you hold anyone or anything to account, your job is to pay and shut the **** up!

Now get to work....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        How dare you hold anyone or anything to account, your job is to pay and shut the **** up!

Now get to work....
        Rep coming out later this week hopefully. Need to get spraying by weekend.

It's only another $19/ac +fuel +time.

On the phone, rep said if you get 85% control with residual style chemicals, thats about all you can expect... Well honest to goodness if someone had told me that before spending the $$$ I'd have taken a pass. I can't justify spending that kind of money if the likelihood of coming back a second time is near 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          Rep coming out later this week hopefully. Need to get spraying by weekend.

It's only another $19/ac +fuel +time.

On the phone, rep said if you get 85% control with residual style chemicals, thats about all you can expect... Well honest to goodness if someone had told me that before spending the $$$ I'd have taken a pass. I can't justify spending that kind of money if the likelihood of coming back a second time is near 100%.
          Ask them if you only have to pay 85 percent of the bill

Comment

I am not sure what area you are in but conditions in mine have been anything but favorable for chem to work this spring. I have actually read that they call 85% control so you are probably going to be better off trying to prove you didn't get 85% control instead of demanding 100%....every chem rep has heard that a 1000 times and will have an answer for it. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              I am not sure what area you are in but conditions in mine have been anything but favorable for chem to work this spring. I have actually read that they call 85% control so you are probably going to be better off trying to prove you didn't get 85% control instead of demanding 100%....every chem rep has heard that a 1000 times and will have an answer for it. JMO
              It's not even 50% control.

Comment

Actually may be closer to 0% control... Dad didn't bother with valtera on his, and his field is as clean If not cleaner.

Although there has been consistent weed control over the years on his stuff, so we naturally expected it to be cleaner.

Comment

Then the ****ers better cover it.

Comment

Snafu

Comment

Rep was out today. Spent 3.5hrs walking and scouting.

Neither of us is satisfied with the level of control, but I am plenty satisfied with the way NuFarm stood behind its product.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...