• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

800 series 2.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
      Ground cant hold iron, neighbors cant go with macfarlanes on pea stubble. Plane anything is waste of beer money here.
      Hopefully it dries up for you, ground that wet is an absolutely frustrating situation.

Comment

Whats annoying the only ground you can travel is canola stubble and i rented mine out.

Comment

We had chem fallow one year way way way back and the next year couldn't seed. An experiment went bad.

The USA farmers I am watching look like us in the wet years.

Once the jet stream moves it could be an interesting June. If it moves.

One year way way back it didn't rain till farm progress show or a week later guys were just sick.

Oh wait for climate change and chunky or ASSTRAND will say it because of Glyphos or spirits of the knight.

It's a normal spring hell the drought years it didn't rain anything for years showers and mist. Oh, wait for that's like this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DXs79rQQQZKahcZG78KOuA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	767312

Oh well yesterday was a good day.

No Fires.

Comment

So far it reminds me of 88.
            Just without the heat.
            On the the precip map we are the little red dot south west of northbattleford .
            Some one said it was the driest April in 100 years.
            And 2/10 ths in may.
            It is just not nice

We need
            4/10 ths to get some stranded seed in the light land to grow .
            88 it was pretty much 20- 23 June before a rain.
            Not there yet .
            But we are working on it.

Comment

Don't want to jinx it but we are enjoying a nice rain here at the moment - models suggesting 10-20mm for us today. Timing couldn't be better as we got finished seeding corn at 1.30 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                Don't want to jinx it but we are enjoying a nice rain here at the moment - models suggesting 10-20mm for us today. Timing couldn't be better as we got finished seeding corn at 1.30 this morning.
                Ignorance was bliss

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Ignorance was bliss
                  It's heading you way, UNLESS the BUBBLE is still on you too. Clouds hitting a wall N of us.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                    The planet where gramma burst into tears in 1939 getting off the train saying we are in wilderness.
                    Wow, we must be close to the same age, my baba came here roughly the same time, a few years before yours. Halifax, then taber, then Saskatchewan. Not sure why they left taber but I think they picked sugar beets?

Oh but I forgot the refugees have it worse these days sorry chuck, grass, integrity, austranada let me see who am I missing, well I'm sure they will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                      So far it reminds me of 88.
                      Just without the heat.
                      On the the precip map we are the little red dot south west of northbattleford .
                      Some one said it was the driest April in 100 years.
                      And 2/10 ths in may.
                      It is just not nice

We need
                      4/10 ths to get some stranded seed in the light land to grow .
                      88 it was pretty much 20- 23 June before a rain.
                      Not there yet .
                      But we are working on it.
                      Yes 88 was a scorcher for sure just like 02. The difference for me was in 88 the start of July was cool and cloudy and the canola found a way and flowered for a good stretch and yielded good. 02 was crazy hot during seeding then went ballistic in July and fried everything.

Funny the world was supposes to be burning up yet we haven't seen heat like those two years since.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                        What planet are you on? Prairies all under drought?
                        Damn drought, seeded 25 acres and now get to shovel packers till noon.Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo347.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	767314Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo348.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	767315

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                          Yes 88 was a scorcher for sure just like 02. The difference for me was in 88 the start of July was cool and cloudy and the canola found a way and flowered for a good stretch and yielded good. 02 was crazy hot during seeding then went ballistic in July and fried everything.

Funny the world was supposes to be burning up yet we haven't seen heat like those two years since.
                          Got a couple tenths where were seeding in ayl had to quit.
                          Sfa at farm

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            Got a couple tenths where were seeding in ayl had to quit.
                            Sfa at farm
                            Just enough to settle the dust here.

Comment

We are making a little dust. Now if you worked last fall or heavy harrowed twice it's a cloud as the surface is dry. On to the last 6 quarters and plant, 19 is done.

Comment

I’m ashamed of how little we got in the ground due to breakdowns and weather so we’ll leave that number to your imagination.

Got the corn planter assembled and the first ten acres went great till some U bolts broke and a hydraulic cylinder snapped the end off it. I think I’m calling the Elmer’s toolbar the “Kit Kat Bar” since it always like to “take a break”.

A shot of when it’s cooperating.

Very colourful seed. I think there’s 7 varieties we’re trying out.

Tagged calf #500 the other day and that has been going great. Just need to get them worked and hauled out. Lots of cows around here got moved out as soon the grass turned green since most everyone is out of feed. Not going to finish the silage pit we’re currently in so no hurry for us to move out.

They do know the grass is actually greener on the other side of the fence.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...