• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "job killing" carbon tax.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "job killing" carbon tax.

Well that didn't go quite as planned hey? First month in and the country sets it's highest one month employment gain since 1976. A million new jobs since 2015. Making Canada great again LOL.

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    Well that didn't go quite as planned hey? First month in and the country sets it's highest one month employment gain since 1976. A million new jobs since 2015. Making Canada great again LOL.
    Funny what a $100B in multi generational debt can buy. Some take out window jobs and more govt leeches.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Funny what a $100B in multi generational debt can buy. Some take out window jobs and more govt leeches.

lots of private sector service jobs created (ie take out window stuff). dig deeper, and 23,000 new govt jobs created. those come with top pay, benefits and lifetime pensions. And we all pay for this bullsh$t.

Comment

Recirculating money does nothing for an economy.
        None of those jobs actually create wealth
        Just further strain the tax payers

Comment

Jobs created for carbon tax administration..
          Do you really believe JT's bullshit numbers?
          It's like stats can..
          A joke dot com...

Comment

Summer students. Lets see the August September jobs before the writ drops. Canadas GDP is 1.4%. trade stalled, resources blocked, 500B investment has fled the country.

Blow out jobs don't happen without an increase in GDP like the US has. Smoke and mirrors and grass ate the pablum up like a baby.

Comment

come on grass , i know you are a lot smarter than that ???

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Jobs created for carbon tax administration..
                Do you really believe JT's bullshit numbers?
                It's like stats can..
                A joke dot com...
                Your likely bang on. Any public sector "job" should be deducted from private sector job numbers because in order to "create" a government job you have to first tax someone that is actually creating something.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  come on grass , i know you are a lot smarter than that ???
                  Just pointing out the partisan bullshit that inhabits this site. All jumping up and down with joy about American job numbers but failing to mention record job creation in Canada. Not you're all sure the extra Canadian jobs are part time low quality ones while the American ones under Don the Con are the best jobs ever created.

Comment

Just pointing out the partisan bullshit that inhabits this site. All jumping up and down with joy about American job numbers but failing to mention record job creation in Canada. Not you're all sure the extra Canadian jobs are part time low quality ones while the American ones under Don the Con are the best jobs ever created.
                    Sure not showing up around here. Nearly every plumber, electrician , oilfield worker, all the gold mine/uranium mine workers , Lots of machinery dealer mechanics, salesmen , manufacturers , etc are laid off or sitting on thier arse. Construction , housing , infrastructure upkeep , etc in both cities are at a real low
                    Govt jobs which is what he is mostly making drain the economy not create wealth
                    U need to look at buisnesses that king donald is attracting and then look at the ones this fella has chased away
                    Oh wait heres one , trudope gave toyota $117 mill of yours and my money for a few jobs
                    The big man got them to invest $43 billion in plants in the US for sfa
                    I know you dont believe what you posted but someone might
                    If youre still not sure just make a call or two and see how easy it is to get any tradesman at thedrop of a hat

Comment

US job growth and GDP are wide, deep and high quality. When jobs are created in the US its factories moving back in, or some foreign govt investing on US soil, hiring high quality skilled workers. There are even factories built with the announcements. And no tax breaks or debt thrown at them. And the effects go deep into immigrant and minority populations. You can bet a bunch more companies will be getting their ass out of china for good now. Canada destroyed those kinds of jobs and replaced them with pot shops.

Comment

What I don't understand is how in Canada there is a large increase in job numbers but our GDP growth is flat. 4th quarter of 2018 .1% growth, an uptick in Jan. of .3% but then a contraction of .1% in Feb. The government trumpets how we have the lowest unemployment rate in 40 years but we are still running a deficit! If more people are employed why isn't this increasing our GDP?

Comment

Sad you don’t see the difference from real jobs that help and government jobs that just suck the life out of the tax payer
                          That’s the difference, your a smart guy but fail to see this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            What I don't understand is how in Canada there is a large increase in job numbers but our GDP growth is flat. 4th quarter of 2018 .1% growth, an uptick in Jan. of .3% but then a contraction of .1% in Feb. The government trumpets how we have the lowest unemployment rate in 40 years but we are still running a deficit! If more people are employed why isn't this increasing our GDP?
                            Exactly....When Brad Wall bragged about a higher population the numbers didn't and still don't add up...

More people ....more taxpayers supposedly ...more revenue....not to go spend on stupid shit like the CCS (saskatchewan's carbon tax folks)...or a bypass made for a city of 5 million or more people ( hint : clover leaf design would have done the same thing)

Politicians and the bureaucrats think the average person is stupid...and so do the farm group leaders...I have spoke to farm check off people...bottom line....they have been taking farmers for granted and when shit hits the fan ....they haven't a clue...they have to be nudged/kicked into action....now they are studying the impact....

Canola council have seen the impacts of the pulse thing and they didn't develop a plan...and are using the same lines...." market access solutions.." ....puke .....the american farmer is getting paid by government and the farmers are pushing that money right back into the economy...not a long term solution ....but it sure kicks the shit out of whats happening in western Canada short term....

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              Sure not showing up around here. Nearly every plumber, electrician , oilfield worker, all the gold mine/uranium mine workers , Lots of machinery dealer mechanics, salesmen , manufacturers , etc are laid off or sitting on thier arse. Construction , housing , infrastructure upkeep , etc in both cities are at a real low
                              Govt jobs which is what he is mostly making drain the economy not create wealth
                              U need to look at buisnesses that king donald is attracting and then look at the ones this fella has chased away
                              Oh wait heres one , trudope gave toyota $117 mill of yours and my money for a few jobs
                              The big man got them to invest $43 billion in plants in the US for sfa
                              I know you dont believe what you posted but someone might
                              If youre still not sure just make a call or two and see how easy it is to get any tradesman at thedrop of a hat
                              Down here where I live , (Maple Creek) and only one hour from Medicine Hat Ab, things are quiet. VERY quiet. Machinery dealerships, one in particular , hasn't sold one new piece of equipment in a year. The other one is busy fixing stuff , but nothing hardly going out in new iron. Hardware , agro , etc. is quiet. If Stats Canada would publish real facts and figures for the west , maybe the country could wake up from it's brainwashing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...