• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn’t we be building power plants instead?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn’t we be building power plants instead?

So you can find all kinds of different numbers as to how fast combustion engines will be replaced by electric vehicles but isn’t it clear that the change is coming at some point? In fact it is estimated within 10 years electric vehicles will be more abundant than combustion? So what’s going to keep the demand for oil up or increase it? There always will be a need for oil energy but no where near what is needed now. The real demand will be for power to recharge batteries or capacitators isn’t that the future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OqDTBZZ9A

Comment

I need someone to teach me how to put a video on.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        So you can find all kinds of different numbers as to how fast combustion engines will be replaced by electric vehicles but isn’t it clear that the change is coming at some point? In fact it is estimated within 10 years electric vehicles will be more abundant than combustion? So what’s going to keep the demand for oil up or increase it? There always will be a need for oil energy but no where near what is needed now. The real demand will be for power to recharge batteries or capacitators isn’t that the future?
        No I think most on here think we should keep dragging our feet kicking and Screaming into the 21 st century much like buggy whip makers of previous times. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
          No I think most on here think we should keep dragging our feet kicking and Screaming into the 21 st century much like buggy whip makers of previous times. Lol
          I’m way ahead of you guys. All my my equipment is “electric “ however I only use it in the winter and when the 50’ cord runs out I’m forced to switch back to trusty old diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
            I’m way ahead of you guys. All my my equipment is “electric “ however I only use it in the winter and when the 50’ cord runs out I’m forced to switch back to trusty old diesel.
            On our farm the small 7+8 inch augers have been electric since 1996...used to unload bins..

Comment

I can just see my electric chain saw out in the bush. Anyone have a 300 mile cord handy?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                I can just see my electric chain saw out in the bush. Anyone have a 300 mile cord handy?
                Those are all legitimate issues. I would assume batteries or whatever storage will improve a lot though. I m not saying what I think should it shouldn’t happen I m just saying the auto makers and even heavy duty equipment are all committed to electric it seems. Isn’t the problem going to be not enough power generated?

Comment

Those are all legitimate issues. I would assume batteries or whatever storage will improve a lot though. I m not saying what I think should it shouldn’t happen I m just saying the auto makers and even heavy duty equipment are all committed to electric it seems. Isn’t the problem going to be not enough power generated?
                  And the only realistic way to generate it is nuclear. But not many are ready to have THAT conversation

Comment

Oh youre not allowed to ask that question
                    And they cant answer it

Comment

Punch in, what if the world ran out of oil. The video that is 4 minutes long , that’s all my attention span is, interesting all uses for oil.

Comment

My powersaw is cordless, when it dies i go home, not sure how that works in a car.

Comment

I usually run a diesel powered generator for 100 hrs a year minimum when the power is out to keep from freezing to death. Sure hope fossil fuel is around for awhile. On the other hand I bought two wood stoves to burn wood so I can cut back on generator use and using electricity. Electricity price is getting out of hand right now it will be unaffordable to most when fossil fuel is eliminated.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...