• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Thank you notes

Thank you for an opportunity to add more debt to farms and getting to pay it back with lower prices....

Thank you for picking winners and losers as to who gets more interest free money...the government doesn't highlight that in the webinar...

Thank you for naming a Ritz's aid to Alberta ag minister....Generational politicians in that family....great

Thank you to the canola council for taking the same tact as Saskpulse for trying to find market diversification....its code for nothing is going to be done...

Thank you to Saskpulse for not highlighting the 9 dollar a bushel drop and getting the same 500k interest free...

Thank you for the increased freight rates announced...

I am currently listening to the canola council webinar about update ....asked many questions that don't get answered or even asked...

Somehow Jim Carr is talking about drug dealers in China...there is no link to canola...

Comment

Not sure why simple questions need long ****ing answers...its like listening to Ralph Goodale.

Comment

Just listening to Jim Carr and asking myself how stupid is south Winnipeg electing this fool. Yes I’m worried about Quebec people living along a river who are flooded but this is a webinar about canola.

No one is answering questions.

It’s a total joke.

One thing no one will answer is how low will the price of canola go.

They all pay them selves on their back keep farming it’s just one happy bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Just listening to Jim Carr and asking myself how stupid is south Winnipeg electing this fool. Yes I’m worried about Quebec people living along a river who are flooded but this is a webinar about canola.

No one is answering questions.

It’s a total joke.

One thing no one will answer is how low will the price of canola go.

They all pay them selves on their back keep farming it’s just one happy bunch.
          They use the exact same answers and strategies as pulse canada...

Looking for more markets ...that is what they are supposed to be doing every single day...not just when shit hits the fan...

Bottom line.....Canaola council of canada and pulse canada are doing SFA...prices going down and they keep the checkoff dollars rolling in....

Comment

Bucket - i have watched you comments for months on pulse prices and what needs to be done by SPG.

What do you think SPG can do on the pulse file? I was a SPG board member and have a pretty good understanding of what the issue as as both a exporter and as a farmer and what SPG can do on this file.

The issue is India doesn't need the product. They have their own domestic product (a few years ago India was a net exporter of lentils. Lots of years they just don't need imports. India also tried to import excess product to keep the prices lower domestically. They imported it and sold it at a loss. Drove up international prices to slump domestic prices to protect consumers. This benefited the pocket book of Canadian growers. Now it hurts us. But they are going to protect their own people. Nothing we can do about that.

The issue is that Canada, USA, Austraila and Africa rose up to meet the shortfall in India. And the shortfall was huge. People grew lentils and peas without contracts and now the market is flooded.

People are looking for someone to blame for this price drop. Time and consumption and luck of some shorter production in certain regions and this will sort itself out. But India has done what it thought it needed to do to protect 700,000,000 farmers. This is not punitive towards Canada. Justin is a idiot, but wether he danced his way thru India or not, he couldn't have changed the situation.

What came first was overproduction and tariffs were a result of that oversupply. Tariffs are not the cause of the lower price they are a result of oversupply. But again, some market analysts have tried to blame this political interference in the market to create a org to blame for the pulse price drop. Just not the issue though.

AND, it appears Canadian growers will grow as many acres of lentils as they did last year. Not exactly telling the market that prices need to go up yet. We will have at least a million MT of lentil carryout at Aug 1, 2019. This is more carryout then India has ever imported. Plus the new crop. So this situation will continue.

China is a different political story and market access work will be ongoing at Pulse Canada I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
              Bucket - i have watched you comments for months on pulse prices and what needs to be done by SPG.

What do you think SPG can do on the pulse file? I was a SPG board member and have a pretty good understanding of what the issue as as both a exporter and as a farmer and what SPG can do on this file.

The issue is India doesn't need the product. They have their own domestic product (a few years ago India was a net exporter of lentils. Lots of years they just don't need imports. India also tried to import excess product to keep the prices lower domestically. They imported it and sold it at a loss. Drove up international prices to slump domestic prices to protect consumers. This benefited the pocket book of Canadian growers. Now it hurts us. But they are going to protect their own people. Nothing we can do about that.

The issue is that Canada, USA, Austraila and Africa rose up to meet the shortfall in India. And the shortfall was huge. People grew lentils and peas without contracts and now the market is flooded.

People are looking for someone to blame for this price drop. Time and consumption and luck of some shorter production in certain regions and this will sort itself out. But India has done what it thought it needed to do to protect 700,000,000 farmers. This is not punitive towards Canada. Justin is a idiot, but wether he danced his way thru India or not, he couldn't have changed the situation.

What came first was overproduction and tariffs were a result of that oversupply. Tariffs are not the cause of the lower price they are a result of oversupply. But again, some market analysts have tried to blame this political interference in the market to create a org to blame for the pulse price drop. Just not the issue though.

AND, it appears Canadian growers will grow as many acres of lentils as they did last year. Not exactly telling the market that prices need to go up yet. We will have at least a million MT of lentil carryout at Aug 1, 2019. This is more carryout then India has ever imported. Plus the new crop. So this situation will continue.

China is a different political story and market access work will be ongoing at Pulse Canada I am sure.

Obviously you don't pay attention ...there are people starving in the world.....pay producers here a reasonable return and give them the food....

What is it in the states PL480 for food aid....

And looking for markets after the fact is stupid....why can't we get to a point where we can tell India and China to go duck themselves if this is the way we are treated...

Every industry get non repayable handouts....your buddy got 110 million to rebuild a used rail line. ..

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Obviously you don't pay attention ...there are people starving in the world.....pay producers here a reasonable return and give them the food....
                You don't pay attention either that policy was abandoned in the 80s when they discovered it does more harm than good. Collapses the local farm economy in the third world and ensures the country is less likely to be able to feed itself in future. Convenient for farmers here to be subsidized to overproduce and dump the surplus but it's unlikely to happen again - nor should it in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  You don't pay attention either that policy was abandoned in the 80s when they discovered it does more harm than good. Collapses the local farm economy in the third world and ensures the country is less likely to be able to feed itself in future. Convenient for farmers here to be subsidized to overproduce and dump the surplus but it's unlikely to happen again - nor should it in my opinion.
                  I guess those people are well fed then....

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    So what about feeding the people in our country that are now using food banks?

Comment

The issue is that there is no communication. For my check off dollars they should be communicating the the issues with the farmers paying the check off dollars. Fly to india or china or where ever and then come back and report what they find. At least show they are trying. From my seat it looks like they are doing sweet F___ All with my check off dollars on the important things, but seem to spend money foolishly running around getting money to get 2 people to try making muffins with pulse flour.

Canola and Pulse commisions need to look like they are trying and then relate back to the producers. Get some email addresses and start sending out more info. I am totally pissed that I don't get interm updates on the research and other projects as well. My money spent, so keep me in the loop.

No wonder farmers are wanting their check off money back. Total lack of communication.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                        The issue is that there is no communication. For my check off dollars they should be communicating the the issues with the farmers paying the check off dollars. Fly to india or china or where ever and then come back and report what they find. At least show they are trying. From my seat it looks like they are doing sweet F___ All with my check off dollars on the important things, but seem to spend money foolishly running around getting money to get 2 people to try making muffins with pulse flour.

Canola and Pulse commisions need to look like they are trying and then relate back to the producers. Get some email addresses and start sending out more info. I am totally pissed that I don't get interm updates on the research and other projects as well. My money spent, so keep me in the loop.

No wonder farmers are wanting their check off money back. Total lack of communication.
                        SPG spends alot of money on communication. I don't know the number but it is huge. But they could spend the entire budget and people would say they don't communicate enough.

Giving food away to starving people is not the basis of an industry. It is done in the USA under PL480 and expensive way to provide aid. Great for the trade but not sure it helps growers.

Comment

SPG spends alot of money on communication. I don't know the number but it is huge. But they could spend the entire budget and people would say they don't communicate enough.

Giving food away to starving people is not the basis of an industry. It is done in the USA under PL480 and expensive way to provide aid. Great for the trade but not sure it helps growers.
                          do growers in the states get paid....more than likely they do...

Interesting thats what I have been told for 30 years that we are suppose to be feeding the world....throws that argument out the window does't it..

We should that food grains bank as well...
                          Last edited by bucket; May 3, 2019, 13:22.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...