• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now we get to help move people .....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now we get to help move people .....

Out of the flood zones in Ontario and Quebec even though those people shouldn't have built there in the first place.....

Luckily the government will look for solutions to help people out of their situation.....

No links ....just listening to the answers that Goodale and others gave ....

That will be given priority over everything else. ...watch....

I feel for those people ...I am not a heartless bastard. ...but people created their own problems....

Some people are blaming the flooding on climate change, more erratic weather due to it.

There are risks inherent with living beside a river or building on potential flood plains. Or building a house on unstable ground on a river bank or on the side of a mountain. Or living and building on coastal waterfront or not too far inland from them. Living beside "dormant" volcanos, and on geophysical fault lines. Or having a house built in the forest-like environment that can become tinder dry and a huge source of fuel for forest fires.

Insurance anyone?

Comment

Bucket

"I feel for those people ...I am not a heartless bastard. ...but people created their own problems...."

I too feel sorry for the people enduring the floods in Eastern Canada, very sad to see. I don't see it as them creating this problem for themselves, we all know rivers were the means of transportation when this country was first settled. The fur trade was very important back then and these settlers were a very tough breed of people throughout Canada.

I have never thought you were heartless Bucket just the opposite, but non farmers could use your wording of "but people created their own problems" and apply it to the current situation some farmers have put themselves in financially long before the Canola shipments were stopped by China!

Difficult times all around for many Canadians!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Bucket

"I feel for those people ...I am not a heartless bastard. ...but people created their own problems...."

I too feel sorry for the people enduring the floods in Eastern Canada, very sad to see. I don't see it as them creating this problem for themselves, we all know rivers were the means of transportation when this country was first settled. The fur trade was very important back then and these settlers were a very tough breed of people throughout Canada.

I have never thought you were heartless Bucket just the opposite, but non farmers could use your wording of "but people created their own problems" and apply it to the current situation some farmers have put themselves in financially long before the Canola shipments were stopped by China!

Difficult times all around for many Canadians!

Yup but some will get help other won't....A larger advance won't solve anyones problems....

Comment

When the wildfires ravages Ft Mac, people down east said it was karma for climate change. Sauce for the goose.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            When the wildfires ravages Ft Mac, people down east said it was karma for climate change. Sauce for the goose.
            Nope ....they will still be blaming Fort Mac for the climate change...not the Quebec cement plant that is exempted from carbon emissions...

Comment

Way to many on Agriville have a hate on for Eastern Canadians, very sad to see. Politics make you way to miserable to realize the majority of them are just like us, trying to survive and make a better life for ourselves.

Comment

Way to many on Agriville have a hate on for Eastern Canadians, very sad to see. Politics make you way to miserable to realize the majority of them are just like us, trying to survive and make a better life for ourselves.
                Its not about hating easterners. Its about being sick and tired of being preached to and watching the Canadian army being used to help people who won't help themselves. Its weather - quit blaming it on glowbull warming. They started Duff's Ditch in the 50's and finished it in the late 60's - as I recall at the time the existential threat that the contemporary Chicken Littles were worried about was the coming ice age. You build on a flood plain - insurance won't cover you - too bad, so sad, not my problem.

Comment

I plan to apply for some of this money to help people move. Due to climate change, roving bands of marauding tax hungry eastern Canadian left wing politicians continually attack my livelihood due to where I live. And it is only getting worse as climate change hysteria gets worse. The only place safe from this is south of the border, I trust my cheque to cover moving expenses will be forthcoming, after all it is a direct result of climate change.

Comment

Did you ever notice when any issue hits down east whether its trade or jobs or disaster, the chequebook fly's open immediately. But when it happens in the west, its we are looking into it with a science based approach and blah blah blah. The canola losses will dwarf that flooding.

In 2014 when I had a storm come in and damage my house, water damage structural and on the farm blew my bins off into the field, rip the roof off our shops, flood a section of land and hail out another 320 acres into nothing, I got denied under the federal assistance program. My insurance paid for it and my premiums tripled.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      This is not an east west thing - Ft Mac wasn't abandoned financially by the Federal Government by any stretch of the imagination - they picked up the bulk of the cost of the 100s of millions $ under the DFAA (Disaster Financial Assistance Arrangements) program. On a direct parallel with the current flooding the Federal Government also spent billions of dollars compensating the province, residents and businesses after the 2013 flooding of Calgary, High River, Canmore and other Alberta communities.
                      In true Alberta fashion I see some of the big dog corporate buddies of Government were well looked after in the latter event.

"Annual compensation to TransAlta is $5.5 million to:
                      Modify operations at Ghost Reservoir from May 16 to July 7 each year
                      Modify operations at Barrier Lake, Upper Kananaskis Lake and Lower Kananaskis Lake year-round"

TransAlta are never slow to spot a new Government funded revenue stream.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        The only place safe from this is south of the border, I trust my cheque to cover moving expenses will be forthcoming, after all it is a direct result of climate change.
                        I'll chip in.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                          I'll chip in.
                          Great, thank you for your charity. Perhaps crowd funding is the only way to get the border moved north. Have you established which side you will be on when the dust settles?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            Great, thank you for your charity. Perhaps crowd funding is the only way to get the border moved north. Have you established which side you will be on when the dust settles?
                            Yeah, I'll stay north of the lunacy thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                              Yeah, I'll stay north of the lunacy thank you very much.
                              Your generosity knows no bounds. Not only will you donate to our worthy cause, but you willingly agree to stay back and support the rest of Canada once the money tree has been chopped down. Are you aware of the financial implications of what you are agreeing to?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...