• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas/Dead, Lentils/Dead, Durum/Dead Canola/Dead wait JT is working hard to get HRS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
    This site is depressing, Ag has never been better, hit the auto steer, spend the day on twitter and Facebook, and don't forget to snow check your mountain sled for all those trips to BC once the inevitable bumper crop is in the bin.
    YOLO 🙂
    Grandpa and Dad worked hard and lived without so I could succeed. His and Hers mountains sleds baaaby!!
    Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Apr 23, 2019, 14:54. Reason: ain’t no fool like an old fool.

Comment

Couple of you fools are stoned again on JTs dope.

Just letting some know when the shit hits the fan your new sled will be the first to go. If your incorporated they dial RB number for you.

What the **** is the good of a bumper crop to sit in bins with no sales.

Moron

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        Couple of you fools are stoned again on JTs dope.

Just letting some know when the shit hits the fan your new sled will be the first to go. If your incorporated they dial RB number for you.

What the **** is the good of a bumper crop to sit in bins with no sales.

Moron
        Apologies.
        That was sarcasm.
        I own a 26 foot Lemken that is worth more than all my 4WD tractors combined. Might as well throw in the 2wd tractors too.
        The phone call will be to IPSCO, not RB🙂
        The only sled I have is to shovel full of snow then haul snow into house and make soup. That soup is pretty thin.

Comment

I will tell you one thing a lot of young guys can’t see the approaching storm.

Got a text about a guy happy to be seeding peas so some one can have healthy protein.

Did he not take math and look at the profit loss statements for peas at 7 you need 100 bus a acre.

Sad really but hey let’s not teach history or finance.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
            Apologies.
            That was sarcasm.
            I own a 26 foot Lemken that is worth more than all my 4WD tractors combined. Might as well throw in the 2wd tractors too.
            The phone call will be to IPSCO, not RB🙂
            The only sled I have is to shovel full of snow then haul snow into house and make soup. That soup is pretty thin.
            I'm hoping Ukrainetz Auctions would still take an interest in my iron.

Comment

Got a text about a guy happy to be seeding peas so some one can have healthy protein.

Did he not take math and look at the profit loss statements for peas at 7 you need 100 bus a acre.

That fully and completely depends if he bought the land and maybe some of the machinery. I understand your apprehension but some people are just more optimistic than others.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                That fully and completely depends if he bought the land and maybe some of the machinery. I understand your apprehension but some people are just more optimistic than others.

Western farmers are awesome at growing crops, agronomy, technology, marketing and all that. But they are often poor at reading the tea leaves. Some assume things will just continue they way they have been forever when history proves otherwise. This business has seen at least a half dozen major disruptions. We could be ripe for another one.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Western farmers are awesome at growing crops, agronomy, technology, marketing and all that. But they are often poor at reading the tea leaves. Some assume things will just continue they way they have been forever when history proves otherwise. This business has seen at least a half dozen major disruptions. We could be ripe for another one.
                  Fair enough. Even if a correction happens, farmers will go into lender and negotiate a write down, keep their land, machinery and HIs and Hers sleds. I think we are anticipating the worst. The last time it happened lots of farmers bought back land for 45% less than they originally bought it for.
                  FCC cant afford for the best farmers to not succeed. That would be catastrophic.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      If there is so much grain then why are people still starving?????

Why don't the rich countries like Canada send them our grain....pay the farmers here....and solve these problems instead of throwing a donation by a tweet....
                      The leaders of those starving countries like cash, the leaders of those countries aren’t starving so food is no use to them.

Comment

The so called capitalists are the biggest pigs at the government trough...

Evraz, GTH, Auto Sector, Bombardier, AGT...etc etc etc...

A small farm just farming gets a whole lot of hurt by a Executive getting arrested.....doesnt make sense.
                        Then why do so many seem to fall for the current popular slogan of "We are open for business"? Perhaps the slogan should be "Bent over for business"?

Agreed there is very little support for small farms and a whole lot of support and incentives for big farms to succeed.

Taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing big corporate farms or big corporations. But without supports and handouts many of the big corporations will take their investments and jobs elsewhere.

Comment

Govts job is to support, open and facilitate markets for our goods and provide the business climate for their success. Period. That should not include direct handouts in any form. Blocking pipelines, angering our two largest trading partners and putting a tax on everything that moves is not support, its destruction. The Lib are good at that.

Comment

Govts job is to support, open and facilitate markets for our goods and provide the business climate for their success. Period. That should not include direct handouts in any form. Blocking pipelines, angering our two largest trading partners and putting a tax on everything that moves is not support, its destruction. The Lib are good at that.
                            You can't say that...

When your canola pricing is based off the soybean market and Trump starts a trade war with China ...then throws 12 billion at soybean farmers.....you are no longer in an open market...its a subsidized market...

No farm in western Canada can go up against the treasury of a country like the states and think they are going to come out ahead...

Soybean farmers in the states have a 1.65 a bushel payment in their hands that doesn't have to be repaid...

Convert that to canola....where are you at....

The fact is the federal government is responsible for the mess we are in with our trading partners...not sure people should lose the farm because of government incompetence...

Comment

No farm in western Canada can go up against the treasury of a country like the states and think they are going to come out ahead...

If you extend that argument, our treasury cant compete with other countries treasuries either. Canada is small and especially weak and distracted. We have to do something different. We do better when we keep our heads down and our mouths shut and quietly ply our trade to willing partners. Canola is priced off oil as well as soybeans. How a market linked commodities like that I will never know. But its mostly out of our control.

Comment

If you extend that argument, our treasury cant compete with other countries treasuries either. Canada is small and especially weak and distracted. We have to do something different. We do better when we keep our heads down and our mouths shut and quietly ply our trade to willing partners. Canola is priced off oil as well as soybeans. How a market linked commodities like that I will never know. But its mostly out of our control.
                                Canada could do very well if this government would quit being so ****ing incompetent....we have tremendous quality exports....and we are letting our competitors take our markets ......flax has been given to khakistan for the EU market....the FSU is happy to support agricultural exports into our markets....while Trudeau dances and Freeland preaches....

So while most will brush off dutarte's threat of war....it highlights their lack of attention ....I know this goes back to the harper years but he's gone and as a government representing Canada as a whole ...issues have to be dealt with not ignored....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...