• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon drought ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw this posted by a person working up north...typical example of the CORRUPT WORTHLESS data being used...

The CBC JUST PUT OUT A LEAKED REPORT SAYING THE NORTH IS WARMING AT TEMPERTURES 2.5 TIMES GREATER THAN THE REST OF THE WORLD.... THIS IS WHAT I PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS IN THE ARCTIC...The air quality monitoring stations that were installed after 2000 are a point of faulty data collection. The person who installed them (i helped them find locations for the ones in Inuvik and Yellowknife) were placed in locations to to get 'hits' ... when I asked the person in charge why he wanted them in locations where it would obvious give high readings he told me they want 'hits' so they can get more funding. I thought that was bad science so I would only approve a site that was average air quality for the town of Inuvik by a soccer pitch and no buildings or traffic near it... since they are going to use that single point to represent the surrounding 500 km I felt that was best... the person complained to the SAO and Mayor ... but I held firm on my assertion that the location away from direct sources of pollution was a better location to collect a representative sample. Since I moved away they moved the air quality station next to the boiler end on one of the larger buildings in Inuvik (Midnight Sun Rec Center) obviously to get 'hits' ... the air quality monitoring station in Yellowknife (see pictures) is next to one of the larger sewage lift stations (think pig barn) in the city... I would get calls a couple times a year from environment Canada asking about a high numbers...LOL! so the data from any of these sources are suspect... not because I don't believe data... quite the opposite ... I collect and analyze data professionally... there are serious problems when the data is collected to get 'hits'... the report 'leaked' by CBC has been fixed with 20 years of manipulated data... we are being miss-lead.
    If this is happening on Canadas Arctic... where else has the data collected been placed so the monitoring system will get 'hits'?

Comment

So this guy is lying also? We are living is a society of lying and huge corruption.if I wanted to check out an organization I wouldn’t be talking to the top brass to get info. Who is the most inefficient poeple around? Government. Gerald butts hurt a lot of poeple in Ontario with high taxes and bills. If u watch bnn u find many poeple are inventing better ways to improve pollution etc. there should be iniatives for poeple to improve this world. How are the cities and cruise ships doing with pollution ? I am not a good debater or speller so I presume I will get criticized for that, so with so many organizations in this world that lie only the liberals and climate Change scientists actually tell the truth ?

Comment

The carbon tax is currently under challenge in Ontario courts. I encourage people to examine the legislation because it goes way past just pricing CO2. The legislation is overreaching. It has clauses about whether you can have a wood burning fireplace, what kind of vehicle you can own and even where you would be allowed to live. There are other proposals that the bank wouldn't finance your home or business if they deem it to be against environmental law.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
          no I am not, now how about answering my question. What do you think government should do?
          Start with $1 billion dollar fine to the city of Montreal for dumping raw sewage in one of the most important fresh water resources in the world . Start there there then we can have a discussion. Oh same with Vancouver and Victoria , you know where all the left coast earth muffins live ?? I am sure they would gladly pay the fine to save the whales 🐳.
          Then stop all Saudi Oil from coming in to our coat lines potentially damaging the ecosystem along the east coast and further degradation of the St Lawerence .
          Yup start there , where the real pollution is , then maybe a discussion can happen

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Start with $1 billion dollar fine to the city of Montreal for dumping raw sewage in one of the most important fresh water resources in the world . Start there there then we can have a discussion. Oh same with Vancouver and Victoria , you know where all the left coast earth muffins live ?? I am sure they would gladly pay the fine to save the whales 🐳.
            Then stop all Saudi Oil from coming in to our coat lines potentially damaging the ecosystem along the east coast and further degradation of the St Lawerence .
            Yup start there , where the real pollution is , then maybe a discussion can happen
            If you have a flat tire, do you work on the engine hoping that may solve the problem? We are taking climate change, not pollution. Agree with you that dumping raw sewage is bad and yes eastern Canada should use AB/SK oil but that does not solve the issue being discussed here which is climate change so quit deflecting.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Thanks for an excellent post dml. This is what I was discussing with Chuck in a previous thread. You correctly listed off a bunch of excellent examples of where consensus (and established economic interests) prevailed until the scientific method finally won the day and proved the consensus wrong, using actual observations, experiments, evidence and proof.
              the question then is when do you believe science. There are thousands of peer reviewed papers, many with real observations and data that show man is contributing green house gases to atmosphere at levels higher than nature causes. There is proven data showing green house gasses lead to climate change. On the other hand there are papers shown natural causes also have an impact. So when do you accept both, and if man is causing problems when do you take action to mitigate his impact.

Do you think action should be taken against GMO and glyphosate because there is "research" that show detrimental effects to both. Or should be accept the dominant position of science that these are safe.

If we wait until there is zero evidence or theories to the contrary we will never get anything done. How many more people would have died from smoking?

The worst thing that could happen is we wait so long to take action against climate change that politicans begin to push stupid geo engineering ideas to cool the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Congrats chuck, you just came up with a capitalist solution to whatever this perceived problem is. It would cost the average home owner about $1500 to raise their attic insulation to R60 spec. Give everyone that does that a 50% tax credit for it and you will lower emissions faster than anything else. Costs the govt a few billion in tax revenue and would hit our emissions like nothing.

But its not really about emissions is it? Because those solutions never get traction. Always about a punitive tax.
                Good idea, but why should that payment come out of general revenues or add to government debt for our kids to pay? Why not use the moneys from a special tax on high polluters and use that to provide an incentive payment to people willing to lower pollution. Oh wait, that's a carbon tax!

Comment

If you have a flat tire, do you work on the engine hoping that may solve the problem? We are taking climate change, not pollution. Agree with you that dumping raw sewage is bad and yes eastern Canada should use AB/SK oil but that does not solve the issue being discussed here which is climate change so quit deflecting.
                  Take time and watch the second video I posted .

Why not get right behind bio fuels to dramatically reduce fuel use ????? Canola oil is a perfect fit for a huge amount of fuel burnt .

Climate change happens
                  Carbon tax is simply theft from the middle class by the government to distribute wealth.

Very few working class people can afford to “waste” fuel . Most already try to use as little as possible. This tax will simply just erode disposable income of the middle class for the benefits of others and do zero for climate change .. ever, from a Canadian perspective.
                  And yes the government should focus more on pollution and less frantic on this carbon bs

Comment

Well the sewage from cities and ocean liners are making the oceans rise and flood out the poeple near water. Lol

Comment

If you have a flat tire, do you work on the engine hoping that may solve the problem? We are taking climate change, not pollution..
                      1 step forward, 2 steps backwards. You are learning, thanks for acknowledging that CO2 is not a pollutant. As we have continually been correcting the other propagandists. So that is very good progress, Thank you for paying Attention.

Then make another post only to make the same blunder that Chuck has been making all along , by confused science with something which you need to believe in. I can't believe we need to go through this all over again, After it took years to convince Chuck that Only religious cults require belief, where as science requires evidence. Perhaps you should read to some old threads Where we did eventually succeed in convincing chuck about the difference between science and religion, and about the existence of the scientific method.
                      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 22, 2019, 18:56.

Comment

"You are learning, thanks for acknowledging that CO2 is not a pollutant. "

And keep reading that till it sinks in Climate Nazis. Just mis-labelled by the ELITE to scare the hell out of GULLIBLE NON Reasoning people into paying homage to the religion of WORLD ending climate change caused by people exhaling/farting and we yes can stop the earth's demise with TAXES! Plus we will rebate you more than you pay in taxes, WTF are you all smoking!

Comment

Hmmmmm
                          Not a word from chuck or DML on my second video...... hmmmmm
                          Any other climate scarecrows care to chip in .... or you simply can’t ? 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            I think we are missing the low hanging fruit when we look at this as Boy Scout Canadians.

This is a good pic of an LA freeway and a description of their system of numerous freeways.

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/l-freeways-ranked-best-worst/

If somebody could post the photo and a hotlink ,thanks.

The lane with the yellow line near center is the car pool lane (2 or more in the car) and is often near traffic free until you hit gridlock that happens routinely. Note all the brake lights are on as they are stopped like the Timmies drive thu.

All other lanes have 1 person in the car. I will bet they all think climate change is a big issue and someone should do something about it. Maybe shut down the Alberta Oilsands.

Prize to the one who can spot the public transit, buses, etc.
                            I did not look at the picture yet but you are exactly describing the definition of a California carpool.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              1 step forward, 2 steps backwards. You are learning, thanks for acknowledging that CO2 is not a pollutant. As we have continually been correcting the other propagandists. So that is very good progress, Thank you for paying Attention.

Then make another post only to make the same blunder that Chuck has been making all along , by confused science with something which you need to believe in. I can't believe we need to go through this all over again, After it took years to convince Chuck that Only religious cults require belief, where as science requires evidence. Perhaps you should read to some old threads Where we did eventually succeed in convincing chuck about the difference between science and religion, and about the existence of the scientific method.
                              No question CO2 is essential to life. But like everything, too much can create problems. Nitrogen fertilizers are important to plant growth, but it also becomes a pollutant if it runs off into water courses because of improper application or over application for soil holding capability. Same with phosphates. Great as fertilizer, not so good in water courses. Even water is critical for all life as we know it but too much drowns plants and people.

Nor will I admit climate change is a religion. It is based on the best science we have at this time. I am still waiting for anyone to name even one scientific body that denies man made climate change.

Comment

No question CO2 is essential to life. But like everything, too much can create problems. Nitrogen fertilizers are important to plant growth, but it also becomes a pollutant if it runs off into water courses because of improper application or over application for soil holding capability. Same with phosphates. Great as fertilizer, not so good in water courses. Even water is critical for all life as we know it but too much drowns plants and people.

Nor will I admit climate change is a religion. It is based on the best science we have at this time. I am still waiting for anyone to name even one scientific body that denies man made climate change.
                                Just like too much begging for government hand outs as a “climate scientist” lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...