• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding Plans/Intentions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    I could get SF3 to whip my harvest off on his coffee break

We have such barriers to expansion here now. Land trading at $600k a quarter cuts off a lot of people. We should have been expanding 7 yrs ago but instead were just trying to find our feet. Hard to see another entry point coming before my farming career comes to a close.
    I hear you loud and clear, things are nuts! We aren't facing the land prices you are but everything is relative. NEWS FLASH: in my opinion, with modern farming methods, the Regina heavy clay "advantage" isn't as big as it used to be. Let em have it and buy a good quality clay loam somewhere else. There is some real decent dirt in the Province.

But if it's "family heritage" land I understand your emotional attachment. To each their own.

Comment

Wasnt measuring success or wealth, makes no difference to me how much or how little anyone has,but the continous complaining about things that look pretty dam good to a lot of folks. For instance sask3 and NDs can you imagine how much better off he would have been if he had the gov he feels he should have had,wow he would own florida not gust a house there.
      He has done well and I am sure he worked hard for it but enough whining.

Comment

Thanks horse but I am not complaining. I’m showing that Ag has big storm clouds heading our way. History does repeat.

This China thing is bad, really bad.

We will get know help. None at all.

Listen to different groups. Today one guy saying other countries will pick up slack. Yea at 8.00.
        Guess what China will buy from them our product.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Like I posted we’re still

4000 canola

5000 hrs

500 peas

500 barley

Canola down to get rotation back
          That doesn't look like a very good rotation agronomically. If you keep doing things the same way you'll get the same results. Keep in mind that there's an increasing likelihood you'll have to swath everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
            That doesn't look like a very good rotation agronomically. If you keep doing things the same way you'll get the same results. Keep in mind that there's an increasing likelihood you'll have to swath everything.
            As opposed to the one crop you're sowing Astranada, that being discord.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
              As opposed to the one crop you're sowing Astranada, that being discord.
              Its a truthful confronting statement. If you see discord in that you're carrying lots of baggage

Comment

Its a truthful confronting statement. If you see discord in that you're carrying lots of baggage
                Well SF3's rotation sounds like what usually brings success here. He is obviously successful and has achieved that success following what works here.

Please enlighten us as to what SF3 should be following as a rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Ghetto house is pretty bloody basic, no southern US property, no cabin at any Sask slough(or anywhere for that matter, not alot of toys....finally finishing the restoration project I started three decades ago.... don't do multiple hot holidays every year, the Slum is four generations old(fifth starting, hopefully more to come)...there better be "some" equity here, glad I was able to maintain and grow it with support from the previous generation(a we effort!).

That seeding outfit is in it's seventh year. Who wants a Ghetto Versi tractor? We have some 40-50 year old equipment here.... that still gets used!

We are each free to live our lives as we wish....within our means!

If I want what SF3 has(or others who have "more"[by what unit of measure?] than me), I better be willing to clam up(mouth) and put out(greater effort). Works hard plays hard. Never begrudge a man his wealth or success...and we don't all start right at the starting line, some are behind it and some in front of it...then it depends how we each choose to run the race! And for God's sake, quit measuring success in only dollars and cents!
                  Money cant’t buy you happiness but, money can buy you a great big sumbitchin’ yacht that you launch off the California coast, pour a glass of champagne, drive that yacht right up beside happiness and wave to them. 🙂

Comment

Saskfarmer should grow some flax maybe fababeans or a few intercrops, thats what all the cool kids are doing. Quit using glyphos and fungicides. Get 100 cows, become a degenerate pardon me.... regenerative farmer.

Comment

iI agree with Austranada, SF3's current 2 destination rotation just doesn't offer enough of a break between. I suggest adding more locations than just Florida and Saskatchewan. A more sustainable rotation would include Burkina Faso, followed by Spitzbergen in January, Haiti, Syria followed by Yemen, although the order can be reversed, North Korea if possible, followed by Cambodia then Bangladesh, and on the way home, a tour through some Inuit communities in Nunavut. With a rotation as diverse as this, I think we might see a drastic improvement in his outlook on life back the farm in Saskatchewan.

Comment

That's funny Alberta but tell me in your own words how seeding the 2019 crop will be such a positive venture.

Explain. What you see that I'm missing.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          I suggest adding more locations than just Florida and Saskatchewan.
                          I see what you are trying to do AF and yes Canada is better than those places you mention, but at the same time you can take a look around here and all we have and easily say this place should be rocking. We should dominate the world with our resources and be collecting vast riches in the process. Real govt support to industries that matter instead of pet identity causes. Anyone that looks at Canada would instantly do the calculation in their head 36m people sitting on tens of trillions of resources and WTF?? I think that's what SF3 is trying to say.

Comment

Started seeding today.

It's not an organic ancient grain. We're seeding barley to make all the beer drinkers rejoice in their "Happy Places".

Comment

You will be combining real early..
                              Good job cuz I would hate to run out of beer.lol..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...