• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treating Seed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the look of the pink hoses, goes nice with the drill. Neighbours that go by and see that and say that guy is doing things right. Lmao

Comment

.....just say "yes" to Lumiderm on canola seed...because Helix and Prosper don't work anyway! What's an extra $80-$90 a bag anyway?
      The neighbors will be impressed!

Comment

I have done alternate rows treated then go back doing the remaining rows untreated in wheat durum and barley for five years now and still looking for a return. Still going to treat half my barley this year and if no difference I will eliminate treating all together.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Stay ahead of the pack....be "progressive" and give the crop the best of everything.
          And get paid for a 3cwad....it's not hard to grow a 3cwad without all the extras....and if the weather cooperates it may still be a 1cwad without the expense. ....but you will still get the 3cwad price.....

I lose money on every bushel but make it up on volume. ....lmao.....

Comment

Yup, that's the successful farming model....spend more to produce more to get paid less.

Comment

Poor seed is one place to look at if it's bad you can't make it better. Now the best seed I ever had was the Frozen shit from 2002. Grew like crazy, go figure.

We treat up to a point. Once we have nice warm soil and a combination of good seed we will leave it in the jug. But when you buy big totes they got you.

Comment

Treated wheat once, a real hassle, never since then. Only seeded Metcalf, smut resistant. Treated own canola seed in the stone age, Yuk! Neighbor played with Counter 5G, most toxic deadly stinking crap!Canola comes treated now, yay. Way less stress, saved a lot of input $$, will never know $$ lost in yield?

Comment

I have a treater; the one that straps on your seeder auger. It’s rode around on the cart for 5 years with no use. Every year I plan to treat but never happens. Used to for a while but quit after I left some test strips. Still if conditions were such that I was worried I probably would. I’d be more afraid of worms than disease, especially grass breaking.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...