• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Climate Fieldview

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys realize that you are signing on to a service that you pay for to develop a super intensive management system where you will run over to every little pot hole and try to fix its problem. While you learn the risks and rewards from this approach, this system sits back and harvests the results, bundles that information and then will sell it world wide and give you nothing for it. You are creating a new business model for free and one that you will have to compete with in the future. Its nuts to sign on to this. Facebook did the exact same thing. They should be paying you $3 an acre for this service.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
      For those wearing the tinfoil, you do know that your own fields are likely getting weekly flyovers the same as subscribers? Thus enabling new subscribers to get up to 3 years of historical info on their fields.
      Maybe true, but they don't know what I am doing on my field because I don't tell them.

Say this service tells you that you need a little different formulation on some back 40. You waltz in and buy the product, they assume you put it on get the results then they harvest your information.

Compare this to say I go in and talk to my rep about some field, don't tell him where it is, what part of it etc. How is he going to know anything about the results.

Comment

So, I buy my inputs from about 3 or 4 different retails. (I know, I have many options in my area). You're saying they all have direct access to my future Climate account?
        For instance, I call up a retail. for a price on N. They go over to their desk, log into my Climate account and "holy moly, this guy pulled off some 100 bushel wheat and 60 canola last year, jack the price of N for this sucker".
        Is this correct?

Comment

Um, yes. They would be more then willing to pay for it. All the data will be available to them, for a price. And since you are paying to give it to them, well their overhead starts out pretty low.

Why do you think EVERY company has a data system?

And why can't farmers see this!!!!!

Comment

Completely unnecessary.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...