• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m thinking why travel to make .25 cents just stay home do a good job and make .25 cents.

It’s not easy being a farmer and some days you ask why.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      It’s not easy being a farmer and some days you ask why.
      I was telling my wife that “ I don’t get paid enough” as I’m reaching inside a cow with retained placenta after she aborted a few days earlier just to make sure there weren’t any “surprises “ inside. Then the cow sneezed and covered me in a nice spray pattern of very stinky, bloody “juice” from head to toe. She then said “you definitely aren’t getting enough for today” to which we both laughed.

Things can always be worse but at least we’re still on the right side of the grass🍀

Comment

Yes I agree.

I still believe family is one of the most important things you can have and good friends.

Good hamburger and a pop today just tire kicking. They are definitely dryer on the south side of the valley.

Comment

Sit back someday and work out how many people your farm feeds every day. Use wheat to bread ratio if you farm grains mostly, assume as family eats a loaf a day as staple diet. 8 bushels of wheat will make bread for one yr for a family of 4. So a 60 bu HRS crop feeds 7 families per yr per acre. Think about the massive number of people farms are feeding in this country and around the world. How many deserve it? How many would rather think about Kim Kardashian than where their next meal is coming from.

Comment

A guy ripping pasture at white city. Cloud of dust.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              A guy ripping pasture at white city. Cloud of dust.
              Record DRY...risk to many...very little run off here, hoping dugouts are full. Can count this kind of year on one hand in 50 years

Comment

One guy I talked to today said remember 59 and 60 were great crops then 1961 was the year it didn’t rain. The guy working at white city all you seen was dust and oh it’s a blue tractor never figured out what he was pulling.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  One guy I talked to today said remember 59 and 60 were great crops then 1961 was the year it didn’t rain. The guy working at white city all you seen was dust and oh it’s a blue tractor never figured out what he was pulling.
                  .....his hair out.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    Record DRY...risk to many...very little run off here, hoping dugouts are full. Can count this kind of year on one hand in 50 years
                    What a difference 30 miles makes...

Comment

Lots of Snake oil salesman have been making the rounds this year and soil health is the big talked about point

SF3 send me the info on the snake oil please, I'd like to compare with what's being marketed around Australia thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Sit back someday and work out how many people your farm feeds every day. Use wheat to bread ratio if you farm grains mostly, assume as family eats a loaf a day as staple diet. 8 bushels of wheat will make bread for one yr for a family of 4. So a 60 bu HRS crop feeds 7 families per yr per acre. Think about the massive number of people farms are feeding in this country and around the world. How many deserve it? How many would rather think about Kim Kardashian than where their next meal is coming from.
                        Using your numbers Canadian farmers could feed another 20000 families
                        for a year with the wheat wasted in the preharvest wheel tracks. Now people are unknowingly eating gly AND saflufenacil laced wheat products, the comorbid effects of which have not been evaluated. Go back to swathing or risk losing more markets.
                        Last edited by Guest; Apr 12, 2019, 19:17.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...