• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    If you think about it objectively, its a wonder western Canadian ag even survives after what it has gone through and continues to endure. It gets so little support its frightening. All the regulation and politics and trade issues are tilted against the farmer. Almost like most of Canada wouldn't notice it was gone.

I said this before, the govt doesn't like farmers because they have an independent streak and could go galt if they wanted to. Think about it. if things got really messed up, every farmer could pull up stakes back to their yard and be just fine probably. Grow your own food, generate your own power, well water and give a big middle finger to the govt. No production to tax. There is no other group in the country that could do that. Govt likes dependency.
    Let’s show our independence... let’s not seed a crop ... at all this spring .. all of us.
    Maybe then we would get the attention of this overly fat Ag industry and the apathy of politics in Ag.
    Seed just enough feed for the cattle industry but no cash crops .
    The world market may not notice but that’s not the point . Our entire Ag industry in Canada needs a kick in the ass the stand up for us .
    It would never happen, but it’s almost to that point to say the heck with it , do it.
    Maybe then force our producer groups to get off there hands and off vacations? Lol

Seed most of the land to tillage radish and plowdown legumes for the year.
    Would be a great thing for the soil health and disease cycle break.

Ya I know , crazy talk ... just get back to getting the seed drills ready lol .

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

3.9 billion for dairy....Remember that...
      So where are these figures coming from and can you show me any evidence that dairy farmers have actually received anything to date? I speak to a couple and neither had received a cent the last time I spoke to them. As far as I'm aware the situation is that the Trudeau regime has been talking down and trying to avoid paying the amounts that were promised to farmers by Harper.

Comment

For grass 1/4 inch rain last night I’ll start the count.
        No snow.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          So where are these figures coming from and can you show me any evidence that dairy farmers have actually received anything to date? I speak to a couple and neither had received a cent the last time I spoke to them. As far as I'm aware the situation is that the Trudeau regime has been talking down and trying to avoid paying the amounts that were promised to farmers by Harper.

Its in the budget and I think it said 250 million has been sent out already....but you know that you read the document...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Its in the budget and I think it said 250 million has been sent out already....but you know that you read the document...
            No, I'd missed that actually thanks for bringing it to my attention. Looked at a few media reports and this one is typical:
            "The budget does not provide details on how or when the money will be distributed to farmers and producers, who have long railed against any move that would expand foreign involvement in those sectors.
            But the government appears to be hoping the promise of compensation will provide a salve to supply-managed farmers, many of whom are clumped in key ridings in Quebec and Ontario and angry that the deals have weakened their grip on the market."

Sounds very much the same as Harper did - talk big sums and promises big compensation to gain/retain votes but never actually pay anything out. I also note the sums they are talking about are for all SM products not just dairy. So in reality they are in a similar position to other farmers - suffering a loss due to market access issues and not being compensated for it.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              No, I'd missed that actually thanks for bringing it to my attention. Looked at a few media reports and this one is typical:
              "The budget does not provide details on how or when the money will be distributed to farmers and producers, who have long railed against any move that would expand foreign involvement in those sectors.
              But the government appears to be hoping the promise of compensation will provide a salve to supply-managed farmers, many of whom are clumped in key ridings in Quebec and Ontario and angry that the deals have weakened their grip on the market."

Sounds very much the same as Harper did - talk big sums and promises big compensation to gain/retain votes but never actually pay anything out. I also note the sums they are talking about are for all SM products not just dairy. So in reality they are in a similar position to other farmers - suffering a loss due to market access issues and not being compensated for it.
              does this explain it for you.....

Following the recent ratifications of CETA and CPTPP, Budget 2019 proposes up to $3.9 billion in support for supply-managed farmers:

Support will be offered to sustain the incomes of eligible dairy, poultry, and egg farmers, by making available up to $2.4 billion. Of this amount, $250 million has already been provided to support dairy farmers as a result of CETA, therefore a net amount of up to $2.15 billion will be available in coming years to deal with income losses associated with these agreements; and
              Assistance will also be offered to protect the value of investments made by farmers in supply-managed sectors, through a Quota Value Guarantee Program that will protect against reduction in quota value when the quota is sold. $1.5 billion has been set aside for this demand-driven program.

Just ****ing wondering if people will wake the **** up now???????????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...