• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when the Liberal carbon tax was a conservative idea?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah wrong chuck old timers saw this exact flooding in the 50s maybe your old timers aren’t that old.

Comment

Climate change caused the floods in Calgary...it caused the forest fire in Fort McMurray...c2 it was just weather.

Edit:I remember my father saying they had no rain 60,61 and then in 62 the skies opened up seven inches in one rainfall.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        So when persistent blocking weather patterns cause more severe droughts or periods of wet weather in some regions that prevent planting, reduce crop yields and quality do farmers make more money or less money?

In 2011 when extreme wet conditions occurred and many farmers in southern Saskatchewan and Manitoba couldn't seed, did they make more profit or less profit on their farms?

Severe flooding happened in 1999 as well, that prevented seeding in much of the same area.

1999 and 2011 were unprecedented flooding events that the old timers had never seen before. Crop yields on the farms affected were severely reduced. And the cost to these farms was very high in lost revenue.
        As you keep telling us dumb farmers, Western Canada is a big place. While in 1999 the weather ( not climate remember, one year is not climate), was horrendous for my little area, Canada wide, it looks like it was a record breaking big yield by a wide margin, and that record stood for years afterwards. Hardly an economic cost. And the old timers here also say that the late 50's were way wetter than anything since, anecdotal, and I haven't looked at the local data to verify, but having the all of the hay crops float away in our topography is certainly unprecedented in my time.

But, more importantly, why is the standard of evidence impossibly high for any realist with actual verifiable data, yet the alarmists can call any anecdotal weather event evidence, even when the data clearly shows that there is nothing unprecedented about it, and the economic results contradict those claims?

Please do yourself a favour, Email or call Murray Hartman, of Alberta Ag and see if he will share his findings on weather for Lacombe. It clearly shows that we are seeing declines in extremes of all types over the past 110 years. And better weather by all measures associated with growing crops as well.

As a side note, there are climatologists who have found that historically, as the globe transitions from a warming to cooling cycle, or vice versa, that there will be more extremes during that period. I haven't tried to verify that locally though.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYoOcaqCzxo

Watch carefully chuck ...

If some of it is to difficult to understand, just remember “data selection”

Comment

do you guys ever get the feeling you are arguing with a fencepost
            they do not hear facts, ever
            goes right over their heads
            luckily , the rest of the world and canadians are waking up to the "new tax" plus gst

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              do you guys ever get the feeling you are arguing with a fencepost
              they do not hear facts, ever
              goes right over their heads
              luckily , the rest of the world and canadians are waking up to the "new tax" plus gst
              Yes, and a few times I have sworn off of wasting any more time doing so. But to my surprise, and Chucks credit, he actually responded to my requests, so I feel obliged to at least point out the errors.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...