• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China on yellow peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China on yellow peas

China was a huge buyer of organic yellow peas buying them, processing them, and selling the components to the US.

Today they are basically out of the market...

No bid or super low bids on organic yellows.

Is this what you're seeing too, hobby?

Oh for Christ sake take a cash advance already. Then apply for agristsbikiry and presto no more problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
      China was a huge buyer of organic yellow peas buying them, processing them, and selling the components to the US.

Today they are basically out of the market...

No bid or super low bids on organic yellows.

Is this what you're seeing too, hobby?
      I contracted a couple of loads of new crop (jan-march 2019) yellow peas in December of 2018. Nobody talked to me all winter. 2 weeks ago I placed phone messages looking for an update and delivery timeline. No response. Contract is reaching expiry so I left messages twice a week.
      Wednesday I finally caught someone on the phone, non organic. I stated my pea organic pea production and the response was “Do we own them, or are you just trying to sell
      them now?”.
      I brought in a sample, things are moving slow. We never talked prices, the organic buyer person seems to be out of office a lot. They are trying to make elevator room and take delivery after road bans.
      Its the same old bullshit stories I heard back in the conventional days. I really dont like the trend. Organic buyers are becoming complacent, there is either too much supply or demand is dissolving.
      I can always sell the peas for feed but I am going grind these ****ers for awhile.
      I spend (waste?) a lot of time on the phone doing market research type stuff. One trend that is really pissing me off is millionaires with no money. I have had my ears full of bullshit this winter. Its a pattern. All the optimism and talk of grand fortunes and the love for organic food. It was like listening to the great intentions of my millenial helper.
      I sit through their super terrific presentstions thinking to myself these people do not understand that “talk” does not cook rice.

Comment

I am old enough to remember the great organic boom and bust of the early 2000's as well. Exact same pattern as today. Conventional markets were in the dumpster and lots of talk $10 organic wheat and $17 organic flax. Big money in those pre hyper inflationary days. Then the organic buyers with high dollar contracts suddenly started to disappear. A few years later organic produce sold into conventional markets as conventional markets started to improve.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...