• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Gov's request to up CCGA advance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What dumb ask, does a business on main street get extra government loans when they have a slow month? Suck it uo buttercup canola is still a pretty good price. If you cant hack 10.00 canola for awhile you should find a new career

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
      What dumb ask, does a business on main street get extra government loans when they have a slow month? Suck it uo buttercup canola is still a pretty good price. If you cant hack 10.00 canola for awhile you should find a new career
      No but the local store can increase his prices to offset a slow period ...add an extra 25 cents to a chocolate bar or can of coke....

Bourgault jacks up prices with subsidized steel from Russian evraz....

And Morris industries did get a 3 million gift....

Brandt got a gift of property...

You see where I am going with this.....widen the views folks
      Last edited by bucket; Mar 30, 2019, 15:49.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        No but the local store can increase his prices to offset a slow period ...add an extra 25 cents to a chocolate bar or can of coke....

Bourgault jacks up prices with subsidized steel from Russian evraz....

And Morris industries did get a 3 million gift....

Brandt got a gift of property...

You see where I am going with this.....widen the views folks
        The local store cant raise prices they will sell even less as the big box stores in the city take over. Only big babies whine about a month of 10 dollar canola

Comment

The local store cant raise prices they will sell even less as the big box stores in the city take over. Only big babies whine about a month of 10 dollar canola
          With all due respect, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Comment

I say quit blubbering about China, **** them we will hold over an extra million tonnes if we have to but I doubt we will. Canola is a good value it will start moving.

Comment

I say quit blubbering about China, **** them we will hold over an extra million tonnes if we have to but I doubt we will. Canola is a good value it will start moving.
              I agree, forget China and let's use it domestically! Add value to our province and our producers.

Comment

I'm sure with her wealth of knowledge and experience megz will have the answers. She will snap chat the important people.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                  Myself and many others on this forum have been saying it for years. Why in the hell is the government not building biodiesel and ethanol plants. I mean christ it's all about let's get rid of fossil fuel, its zero emissions we need alternative energy, but they wont do anything about it.
                  Net efficiency of ethanol production is not that good, that's the main drawback. Here is one quote on the efficiency of ethanol from corn. "If we sum the energy needed for production of corn and ethanol conversion and distribution processes we end up with a total expenditure of 68,206BTUs/gal. A gallon of ethanol contains 76,300BTUs/gal"
                  It's an evolving process and more efficient production is possible - the biggest problem currently seems to be the amount of energy used to produce the fertilizer.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    Net efficiency of ethanol production is not that good, that's the main drawback. Here is one quote on the efficiency of ethanol from corn. "If we sum the energy needed for production of corn and ethanol conversion and distribution processes we end up with a total expenditure of 68,206BTUs/gal. A gallon of ethanol contains 76,300BTUs/gal"
                    It's an evolving process and more efficient production is possible - the biggest problem currently seems to be the amount of energy used to produce the fertilizer.
                    Well at least it's a start to increase our production of wheat, corn etc. Why not? It's what the green guys want! And the biofuel industry would strengthen the competition for our product. What do you care about btu bullshit if theres a good market for your end product, that's not only income for your family, but your community as well!

Comment

China does the fcuking, not Canada. That market is gone and not coming back anywhere its original size and there is no replacement. Sure you can swing a bit at $10, but how about $8? There is rented land around me at $120. That's a lot tighter margin and more risk. I watched my BTO neighbor flame out in lentils 10 yrs ago. Maybe I will get to see a canola show too.

And you guys don't know environmentalists very well. You think they are going to get on board growing a GMO crop and then burning it engines? Think again.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        China does the fcuking, not Canada. That market is gone and not coming back anywhere its original size and there is no replacement. Sure you can swing a bit at $10, but how about $8? There is rented land around me at $120. That's a lot tighter margin and more risk. I watched my BTO neighbor flame out in lentils 10 yrs ago. Maybe I will get to see a canola show too.

And you guys don't know environmentalists very well. You think they are going to get on board growing a GMO crop and then burning it engines? Think again.
                        That's right you never know if a car engine might have 2 heads....the madness....

Comment

SF3 is so full of shit.

Only way he got 11.23 is if was Nexera and comparing it to regular.

Comment

Sept/Oct 2018 delivery DDC was 11.25 for a few days in the Mar 1 - May 29, 2018 time frame.

Nov/Dec 2018 delivery for 11.25 or higher was common from early March till late Jun 2018
                            topping out at 11.63 in late May.

These were offerings from the crush plant. Local values will differ.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                              Well at least it's a start to increase our production of wheat, corn etc. Why not? It's what the green guys want! And the biofuel industry would strengthen the competition for our product. What do you care about btu bullshit if theres a good market for your end product, that's not only income for your family, but your community as well!
                              Well its nfg if it will help the west
                              Maybe could be sold as helping corn production in eastern canada

Comment

Originally posted by captainDAVE View Post
                                SF3 is so full of shit.

Only way he got 11.23 is if was Nexera and comparing it to regular.
                                Nexera was never that low.

I’m sure Yorkton crushers had offers for 11.23 early in growing season for commodity canola.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...